Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Resorts with at least 1 bedroom

I am hoping to plan a trip to the DR for myself, my husband and my 2 year old daughter. I would ideally like a place that has a separate bedroom so that my daughter can go to bed without distractions. We’ve been to Puerto Plata twice and like the area but are definitely open to checking out other areas of the country. I personally have always wanted to check out Punta Cana. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any resorts with separate bedrooms, and of course preferably not too pricey. Hoping there is something out there for us. Thanks for the help.

Lisa

The Serinis Tropical has suites with seperate bedroom.

many resorts in the PC area have suites with separate rooms, but be aware that a suite with more than 1 room of course will be more pricy than a 1 room standard package. Majestic also has suites with a separate bedroom, same for sirenis, paradisus palma real, barcelo bavaro beach Golf hotel …
have fun checking them out
Mike

We leave next month for Sirenis tropical suites. One of the reasons I booked this was the suite I have a teenage daughter and teenage son. I was not comfortable getting 2 separate rooms not knowing if they would be side by side or not. Even though we will just be sleeping in room, don’t plan on being there that much…I like the separate room idea. My darling daughter will get the living area, and the rest of us will share the 2 beds in bedroom. I also like the fact the balcony connects to both bedroom and living area…for you if nap time is still required, you will have the option of sitting outside on balcony, but still being close enough if needed…hope this helps.

That sounds great about the balcony. She does still nap. Thanks for everyone’s input. I’m going to look in to those resorts.

From my recollection of Sirenis Tropicale, the suite will serve your purpose well. And, it may not even be more expensive than the standard hotel room. The floor space is about equal; Tropicale is a tad larger but not a whole lot. The one time we booked the Tropicale side over the Cocotal side was because it was actually less expensive for that date.

that being said make sure if this is where you book that you select the Tropical. I believe that the Cocotal side does not provis]de the seperate bedroom.

Tropicale is suite; Cocotal is hotel rooms.