Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Riu Bachata

Can anyone tell me about the a la carte restaurants. I believe there are two; Italian and a Steakhouse. Are reservations difficult? Is there a limit how many times you can go? Also, is there a piano bar or karoke bar? Thanks!

The alaCartes there are basically just the one restaurant split in two for the evening… reservations are made just outside the main dining room. We never had a problem getting one at either for the nights we went. You can go as often as you like.

There is no piano bar, but they do have Karaoke once a week at the entertainment stage…

Thanks OntarioBowHunter, nice to know there are no limits on how many times you can go. Was the food pretty good or would we be better off sticking to the main buffet. Is there a beach bar/grill for lunch? I think I read you had to go to one of the sister rius for this option?? Thanks!

We were at the Bachata Feb 08 and could only book the restaurants once. We only booked the Steakhouse because the buffet was so good every night. You can only eat at the other Riu restaurants in the day time (breakfast/lunch/snacks); you must return to your own resort for your evening meal. The beach grill is a small buffet with soup, salads, pizza, hot dishes and quite good as well (and has it’s own beer tap!). We had lunch one day at the Merengue and pizza for a snack at the Mambo late one afternoos but didn’t enjoy these as much as the dining options at the Bachata.

March 08 there were not limits on how many times you could book the a la carte restaurants. Maybe it depends on the time of year (?)

You can only book for one day at a time. You must book in the morning for that evening. Two fixed seating times for the a la carte. Much quieter than the buffet, and a relaxed pace. Nothing really fancy, but a very nice change. Enjoy!