Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

RIU Bambu? Any thoughts?

Hello again,

An aquaintance who works in the travel business, is recommending the RIU Bambu, I have not seen alot in the forum about this one, We are looking for a place that is close to the beach, as I can’t walk to far, and don’t to stairs well. So the “hubby” is trying to search for a resort that the rooms and mainn lobby is close to the beach. Other than the Bambu, and ideas??

Thanks ahead of time

[quote=@tiltedmom]Hello again,

An aquaintance who works in the travel business, is recommending the RIU Bambu, I have not seen alot in the forum about this one, We are looking for a place that is close to the beach, as I can’t walk to far, and don’t to stairs well. So the “hubby” is trying to search for a resort that the rooms and mainn lobby is close to the beach. Other than the Bambu, and ideas??

Thanks ahead of time [/quote]
I think you’re almost there. I seem to recall that our room was near the beach, pool and the main entertainment areas. However, I seem to recall that it might be a ways from the lobby, but then again, you only need that going in and out. With a ground floor room in this area, you should be fine.

Thanks for your input, now all we have to do is make a decision, of when to go, Ha…
soon I hope, and it looks like the Bambu is it, so keep your fingers cross for us.

Thanks again

I wouldn’t think twice about going back.

The PC princess is an adult resort of only about 270 rooms if you get a platinum vip package you will have everything you ask for. Check it out.

Thanks for the thought, but we are definately taking the 10 year old. What is a family vacation without the whole family. Since we had our daughter, well, we haven’t traveled anywhere. Now that she can enjoy, and remember, as well as put in her two cents worth, this is going to be a blast. We ALL made the decision on the destination. So thanks again for the thought.

We enjoyed the Bambu. It isnt as large as other resorts so walking isnt a big issue. We had the villa closest to the beach.

Our group of 10 enjoyed our stay at the Bambu in Apr 2008. Have a piece of their “Cherry Cheese Cake” for me. Thanks!! Ummm