Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Rooms at GBP Cayacoa?

Going to GBP Cayacoa first week of March. Booked a Junior Suite (not Royal Golden). Would like to hear from anyone that knows the room numbers and can suggest a specific room to request that is a Junior Suite, king bed, non-smoking, and an ocean view. Thanks!

I just returned, but I can’t give you a good room number because we didn’t have a good room. You won’t have trouble getting a king bed - it’s people who need 2 beds that have a problem. I think most of the rooms have 1 king.

Do be sure to insist on non-smoking. Our second room (435) was not in non-smoking and we had significant cigarette smoke coming in when we turned on the air conditioning. We were over the lobby bar, so that may have been the cause. It was really bothersome, though.

We started out in room 105, which was an interesting room. It was below the dining room, in the basement with no elevator. It had a nice view, though, if you’re comfortable on the ground floor. The way the resort is built into a cliff, the basement on the inside is the ground floor on the outside. The bathroom here was larger than our second room.

No one here was raving about their rooms, but I think pretty much everyone has a view of water. I just sent in my review on this hotel - keep an eye out for it.