Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Rooms at the Decameron

The tour brochures state a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children in a room. We have a 16 year old and a 6 year old. I believe they consider the 16 year old an adult? Since the 4 of us won’t be able to be lodged in one room, do they have adjoining rooms or do they just put the kids in a totally separate room?

I’d also like to know how this works. We plan on traveling with 3 adults 2 children and I can’t seem to get any info on this either online.
Anyone?..

Most rooms have either a king bed with a day bed or 2 double beds. The rooms are not adjoining. I would have your travel agent put in a request for either a room with 2 doubles or a second room. I believe the 16 year old and 6 year old would stay in your room with you.

We were at the RD from Dec 25 to Jan 8, a family of 4 including 2 teenagers. We requested through our agent 1 room with a king and the other with 2 beds, and we asked for the rooms to be adjoining. We were in building 31 and YES, they were adjoining rooms. Both rooms had a day bed. If you wanted to all be in the same room, you could have the 2 doubles and the day bed, thus sleeping 5 people! We also saw people getting a folding cot for their room.

We were at the RD from Dec 25 to Jan 8, a family of 4 including 2 teenagers. We requested through our agent 1 room with a king and the other with 2 beds, and we asked for the rooms to be adjoining. We were in building 31 and YES, they were adjoining rooms. Both rooms had a day bed. If you wanted to all be in the same room, you could have the 2 doubles and the day bed, thus sleeping 5 people! We also saw people getting a folding cot for their room.