Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Running on the Beach

Is it safe to run up and down the beach off of the resort you are staying at in Punta Cana? I run 3 to 6 miles per day and like to run outside when possible. I am staying at the Grand Palladium Pallace and would like to run from El Cortecito through the Palladium complex up to Bavaro Princess to get about a mile or even further up to Ocean Blue/Sand to get 2 or 2.5 miles each way. I would feel pretty silly only running the beach in front of the Palladium buildings. Any thoughts?

Mike

I am a runner also and it is not a problem running on the beach…it’s not a problem running on the road out side the resorts either.
I have been to Punta Cana many many times and never missed a run or had an issue where ever I ran

Not a problem, you will lots of runners on the beach, enjoy!!!

I wasn’t one of them. I was the fat, beached whale they had to run around, but yeah, there is miles of jogging sand…

There was an issue on the very secluded stretch of beach between Natura Park and the Barcela Bavaro complex late last year. Security on the beach asked you not to go around the point. We went a wee bit past it, and could see the Bavaro complex, but yes, that area was pretty isolated and I could see how someone could come out of the bushes and take anything valuable you had. I have no idea if it was a very isolated incident or if they caught the persons responsible…

Choke…last year walked that very area…thinking we were safe all the while. Well we were, safe that is, and never thought of problems. Oh well, all is well that ends well. We were even playing with little hermit crabs in the grass off the beach about 20 yards. Like the locals say “crazy canadians”. Wowie…Cheers…Raine

One of my favorite things to do on my vacation, is to get up 6 am with my wife, and run the beaches. We’ve run many many miles, and never had a problem. We usually stay at the Riu’s, and have run down to the Paladium many times. That’s a great run.
When you come out of the Paladium, go left, eventually you will pass the huts, and down to the Riu’s. We didn’t go to Punta Cana this year, and we both missed the running the beaches.
A tip, run close to the water, and the sand is a bit firmer.
Enjoy
PS-Welcome to the forum