Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Safe for runners?

My husband and I are planning on travelling south this spring. He runs everyday about 10-15kms. We are not sure yet where we are going. Most likely Cozumel, or Varadero. I’ve been to Cozumel with the girls, it was great but we didn’t leave the resort. Is it safe for him to go for a long run in either place? this is definitely one of the determing factors on where we will spend our vacation. would appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks

Hey , don’t give it a second thought, it is perfectly safe to run in either spot. Just use all the same common sense you would at home.

Jake, eh

This morning we were in the local’s market or flea market, its in their area of town. Felt at home and the people very friendly. But would I go there at night? NO. We buy our produce and fresh fish there plus some of that dollar store crap there. It gets very crowded soon as all the town folk come out. But its safe.

Speaking as a runner I can tell you I felt very safe on my runs in Varadero but didn’t run in Mexico as I wasnt’ into running then but I would of felt very comfortable running there though as we toured around on our own quite a bit.