Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Sandals Regency-recommended? what about renos?

Hi. We are looking at the possibility of Sandals Regency for 2 weeks in December. Can anyone tell me if there are currently renovations going on at Sandals Regency and if so, how does it impact guests? I read somewhere there is supposed to renos right now. Also, I have read a lot of mixed reviews for this resort. Any opinions would be appreciated, both the pros and the cons.

I also understand that it is being renovated. It is quite a large resort so they are doing this in stages. You could try emailing the hotel directly and see if they would give you the low down. We went in March 05 and we are returning Feb 06. We love this hotel, renovations or not. Great food, top notch drinks, good entertainment. There certainly is something special about sipping champagne and orange juice at breakfast looking out over the water to see the island of Martinque in the distance. The staff at Sandals Regency are wonderful.

Renovations should be done by now.

email the manager with your question, Carl will answer

chendriks@slu.sandals.com

I would like to know which room I should ask for, we are going for 10 days, and I would like a roomy room.
Thanks