Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Sandals

I am looking for a romantic getaway someplace fun as well. I have been looking at Regency and thinking this looks beautiful but I don’t play golf. I’m torn between Regency and Grande.
Comments please.

Going to the Regency next week and plan on visiting the Grande while we’re there. I’ll post back when I return!

Thanks! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it! I’m in Ottawa as well. Can I ask who you booked with? Can’t wait to hear back from you after your travels. Have fun! :slight_smile:

We booked with Sears Travel and it was an Air Canada Vacation package.

We have stayed at both the Grande and the Regency. The Grande is a much smaller resort, where as the Regency is laid out over quite a bit of space. Both are great. The Grande is newer and more intimate due to its layout. The Regency is in the process of being updated. If cost isn’t a factor, stay at the Grande and visit the Regency. If cost is a factor do it the other way around. No matter where you end up, you’ll have a wonderful holiday. You can’t go wrong with either.
You don’t have to be a golfer to stay at the Regency.
The Regency has 3 pools and the Grande has two.
We found there was more going on at the Regency especially by the activities pool and more going on in the evenings. Grande is again, more intimate. Enjoy.

Thanks Island Girl and Sputnik. Your comments have been extremely helpful

:slight_smile: Just came back from a Sandals “promotional” evening. WOW! The Sandals resorts look awesome! I don’t think you can go wrong. They look like something out of the “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”! :smiley:

The only thing lacking at the Sandals resorts is any sort of nite-life. Waaayyy too boring for us. Yawn!

We couldn’t imagine spending a week or two at places like Sandals.

They are certainly upscale resorts and we love the fact that they are adult couples only. :-*

I think its hard to find a place that has remote rooms with privacy and a great night life, but Im working on it.

We stayed ay Sandals Halcyon Beach a couple of years ago. It is a much smaller resort but we could book toeat at all three Sandals restaraunts which gave a huge variety. Transport to the other hotels was bt complimentary shuttle bus.

Just back from a week at Sandals Halcyon - all three resorts are different, yet similar; it depends on what you are looking for in a vacation. You can enjoy a ‘regular’ vacation, a ‘deluxe’ vacation, or a ‘luxury’ vacation; Sandals Grande has something like 17 different room categories, Sandals Halcyon has only (only!) 7 categories. So a room is not a room, and I now understand sometimes when people say, well, it’s not like a REAL Sandals.
They are all great value for the money; go, and enjoy.

We stayed at the Grande. The hotel was great, and the food was amazing. The only issues we had were the lack of room on the beach and the number of people constantly bugging you selling things. We ended up just staying pool side most of the trip when we would have rather stayed in the sand. Beautiful scenery but you can walk the whole beach in 5 minutes and there’s only 20ft from the water to the sidewalk, which doens’t leave much room.
We flew with Air Canada and couldn’t ask for a better flight (on demand TV / movies) but be prepared for a long rollercoaster of a bus trip from the airport to the resort… Bring some gravel

[quote=@kevin03]We stayed at the Grande. The hotel was great, and the food was amazing. The only issues we had were the lack of room on the beach and the number of people constantly bugging you selling things. We ended up just staying pool side most of the trip when we would have rather stayed in the sand. Beautiful scenery but you can walk the whole beach in 5 minutes and there’s only 20ft from the water to the sidewalk, which doens’t leave much room.
We flew with Air Canada and couldn’t ask for a better flight (on demand TV / movies) but be prepared for a long rollercoaster of a bus trip from the airport to the resort… Bring some gravel [/quote]

:slight_smile: Although this resort may be a “Sandals” and have wonderful food and rooms, all the other things kevin03 would make me not book this resort. Thanks, kevin03 for your mini review of the place. :-*

that may be pretty heavy to bring in your suitcase! :wink: (sorry, couldn’t resist)