Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Scuba question

Any input on scuba companies in punta cana ? we will be at Iberostar Bavaro on 3/16 and I know they use dressel. any opinions ?

Dressel Divers operates out of the Iberostar chain and they’re a top notch reputable shop. We’ve stayed at the Iberostar many times and we’ve always been very pleased with the professionalism and competence of Cris, Andre and their staff.

We use Dressel Divers even if we stay at other resorts in Punta Cana.

Thank you

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM. :sunglasses:

Have you ever went scuba diving in the Dominican?

Just a heads up it isn’t like diving in Mexico, the keys, bahamas or anything like that. In comparison IMHO its a divers desert. If you haven’t had many dives, then you most likely don’t know what to expect and thats ok too!!

There isn’t a lot of color, and remember if you dive from punta cana you are diving in the Atlantic Ocean.

Have fun and good luck.

Deputy ;D

We met some divers at Sirenis a few years ago. The dive packages they booked took them across the island to the south side. This is supposed to be much better, at least according to them. Oh, and at the tip of the island, it wasn’t that long of a drive. I’m thinking about an hour …

;D Yes Bob you are right, diving on the Southern side is much different, and much more colorful.

if I had to do it again, that is where I would go, and that is exactly my recommendation.

Deputy

Thanks !! I went diving 1 time 20 some years ago in Cozumel. It was just from shore but fun anyway. Now my 19yr old daughter wants to give it a try. I’m sure it will be fun… and then theres RUM

AFTER the diving, por favor.

I have been to LaRomana on the South Coast many times staying at Iberostar. It’s some of the best diving I have ever done and I have taken hundreds of wonderful photographs - coral is endless - and lots of sea life including sea horses. Dressel there does a great job. I went to Punta Cana once afterwards and was totally disappointed.

It’s do-able, offers superior dive sites, but very costly because of the transportation involved. :sunglasses:

[quote=@meandfamily]Dressel Divers operates out of the Iberostar chain and they’re a top notch reputable shop. We’ve stayed at the Iberostar many times and we’ve always been very pleased with the professionalism and competence of Cris, Andre and their staff.

We use Dressel Divers even if we stay at other resorts in Punta Cana.[/quote]

helpful info, thanks for this. It informs me a lot now i have an idea were to go… :slight_smile: