Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Single Supplement

Why is it some tour operators only charge $100 for a single to go on vacation ( Air Transat/Nolitours) while most want $300+ even on a last minute trip? This makes my choice to go in 2 weeks kind of limited, especially for Punta Cana.

The single supplement thing can get out of hand.

When researching I find that the nicer resorts tend to charge a lot more than those further down on the rating scale.

I’m not saying a supplement isn’t fair but it should be reasonable.

There appear to be better deals and/or a waiving of the supplement in the non peak times.

For example…You can go to Blau Natura Park in Punta Cana and there is no supplement at the moment.

I researched for the week of December 6th and it will cost the same if you go single or double occupancy.

Just a matter of getting the time off work.

barriebrian

We are taking a single with us this year and we were looking at the Royal Suites Turquesa by Grand Palladium. This resort will not book a single supplement through Air Transat so we switched to another resort and tour operator that does which was Westjet and we are now off to the Majestic Elegance in Feb.

Since we have booked the Elegance the Royal Suites or Air Transat have had to reduce their prices. I think this is because of the new rooms being built without increasing the beach area. This is my own opinion but there has to be a reason for the reduced prices.

Steve

I just booked the Vik resort for only $100 supplement,see you all Nov 27