Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Skyservice - Star Class

Has anyone booked star class for your upcoming vacation? There is only limited information on the signature website and several rumors on forums as to what it includes.

Due to the extra weight allowance we have booked star class seating for our upcoming February vacation.

Im interested in this info also,… if someone reminds me tomorrow, i will give skyservice a call,

Here’s what I’ve been thinking about… I believe only the first few rows are reserved for Star Seating. What IF no one booked the Star Seats, what would they do with the leftovers?

Would you be ticked that you paid for the upgrade and everyone else sitting around you were just “given” the seats at no extra charge because they had to fill the plane?

Just a thought.

Northern, if you do happen to call them today could you ask them that question about unsold Star seats?

Thanks,
Debbie.

ok, i gave them a call…

this is what you get,

seats leg room 35-36" upgrade from 30"

luggage upgrade to 30kg from 20kg

priority check on, luggage and gate

complimentary head sets, bar service and seat reservation

as for getting a open star class seat, if not booked, she said is the luck of the draw,

I just talked to my TA and she basically told me the same thing … except bar service, you are given 2 coupons each for each way, for free drinks after that you pay for them…

It had a different name when we booked it last time. And I thought the coupon book for drinks (2 only), headphones and the like really cheesy. Not only that, you had separate check-in in Toronto (where you really didn’t need it) and none at the airport in the DR (where you do need it).

We booked Star Class so we could have more luggage allowance for the kids on the way down and our Brugal Extra Viejo on the way back…

We were told there was a separate check-in at both Toronto & POP…

The head sets are only given out on the outbound portion of the trip. If you lose them or pack them in your checked baggage instead of your carryon, you have to purchase for the return portion.

The cost was $60 each - each way… but, if you were 10 KG over each way, that would equal $200 each way so, the $60 was well worth it… The excess charge is now $20 PER KG!!

[quote=@northernale1]ok, i gave them a call…
this is what you get,
seats leg room 35-36" upgrade from 30"
luggage upgrade to 30kg from 20kg
priority check on, luggage and gate
complimentary head sets, bar service and seat reservation
as for getting a open star class seat, if not booked, she said is the luck of the draw,[/quote]

Hmmm guess it depends on who you talk to… I just got off the phone with my TA, who contacted Skyservice, because he wasnt sure of the ‘facts’ either. This is what he was told by his Skyservice rep…

It is available on ‘selected flight’ starting November 1st. Cost is $60 per person each way.

Extra legroom is available only on planes that allow it, so if you were booked on a standard skysquish flight, there would be no additional legroom. ( Unfortuantely our flight was one of those…but we always book an exit row, so get more leg room anyways, and only a $35 upcharge)

Basic package is exactly the same as what use to be called ‘Premier’ with the headphones, 2 drinks, separate checkins etc…

Dont know if this cleared things up or made the waters muddier…

Edit: modified to fix spelling errors, sorry, typed to fast!

Hey I also called today. I am flying out of Halifax and the only thing star class offers is extra leg room and that is at the exit doors. No free headsets,extra weight for luggage and no priority check in. Not worth the extra money…

When I booked the package the only details provided by signature was what is indicated on the following website:

http://www.signaturevacations.com/svec/static/landing/promo.jsp?page=starClass_landing&langCode=1

There is no caveat stating that there is a 2 drink max. Could a case not be made that it should be unlimited?

Just had a followup telephone call with Skyservice themselves…

This Star Class is for SIGNATURE customers only, not available for any other tour operator. So if your booked with Sunquest, too bad :frowning:

Just my opinion but I think that $240 per couple is pure downright gouging, and if anyone gets those seats for FREE as they DO have to fill up the flight… good on ya!

Really sorry for the folks that DID pay for them though.

well you might get the seats, but your not going to get the extra 10kg each for luggage or priority baggage either,

if you are doing 2 weeker, extra 10kg alone may be worth it,