Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Skyservice

Ah, the good old days when Wardair flew. Inexpensive, lots of legroom, the ranch breakfasts, decent dinners, the Royal Doulton china and complimentary bar service. Sigh …

I also remember when a certain charter airline used the slogan “Our name says it all”. They don’t use that any more. The reason for that is also self evident. ::slight_smile:

[quote=@bobfromcanada]Ah, the good old days when Wardair flew. Inexpensive, lots of legroom, the ranch breakfasts, decent dinners, the Royal Doulton china and complimentary bar service. Sigh …

I also remember when a certain charter airline used the slogan “Our name says it all”. They don’t use that any more. The reason for that is also self evident. ::)[/quote]

Bob, that takes me back to the late 60s when I flew Iberian Airlines to Spain. Their motto was: “Only the plane gets more attention than you.” The flight attendants would change from suits to colourful dresses to get you into a party mood and would then serve drinks and a decent meal on china. Everyone also got a little gift as well.

It now seems that it’s a lot to ask to be comfortable while flying. What will be cut next…oh, I know…being charged to use the washroom, something RyanAir is considering.

Ive flown Skyservice several times and had no problems. I didnt think that they were any worse than any other airlines Ive flown on...I do find that the crew was much friendlier than other ones:) I also agree that the seats should be locked, the only time Ive ever felt to crowded in any plane was when the person in front of me was laying in my lap!I am only 52 though, so I do often find myself thinking about how comfortable people 6 and over must be…My nephew is 63 and I dont think he`ll have a good time on his flight to Florida next week.