Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Smoking at Dreams

We are leaving for Dreams on the 12th and I just had a thought about smoking. Are the rooms designated smoking and nonsmoking and if so is smoking ok on balconies of nonsmoking rooms?

The smoking rooms are on the first floor, though I think the two room suites allow smoking, even on the 2nd floor. You can request one of those to be sure.

Beyond that, as a non-smoker, if I were on my 3rd floor balcony, I wouldn’t really appreciate having smoke from somebody next door waft into my clean air zone. You may end up in a room neighbouring somebody who has allergies or asthma (whereas I merely find it distasteful). That person may’ve clearly requested a room away from smokers and was granted that one. Just something to think about!

I don’t know what the hotel would say about it.

Kaki

In other resorts, non smoking means exactly that, indoors or out, nada to smoking as respect for non-smokers that specificaly requested non smoking rooms

I really resent when nonsmokers feel the need to scold smokers. I am not a smoker and my husband is not an inconsiderate smoker. He doesn’t blow smoke at people nor does he wish to make anyone uncomfortable. He doesn’t leave butts around or stomp them on the ground. I merely asked a question but get a reply that assumes I am going to smoke in a nonsmoking area. btw, smoking on third floor makes more sense to me than ground floor as smoke will rise and bother the people above us. just saying

Usually when somebody asks for a snorkeling excursion it’s because they intend to take one. I thought I was answering your question and didn’t intend to offend when I advised where the smoking rooms are in the hotel and addressing smoking in a non-smoking room as you asked, imagining it was because it was pertinent to your travel plans.

You may have a point about the smoking rooms being better situated on the top floor. You can put forward your suggestion when you fill out the review questionnaire that the hotel provides at check out.

Kaki

Hi there Susie!

When I was at the Dreams and Secrets in Mexico this past September the new policy was in effect that there is now no smoking in the room but they do allow it on the balcony or patio.

That was Mexico…so I just emailed Kerry to find out if that is in effect at Dreams LaRomana and while there next week I will find out about the rest of the Dreams resorts too.

I am smoker myself and have seen this change taking place each trip I take…I remember the day you could smoke anywhere…now …not so much.

I’ll post when I hear back.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt ;D

Hi Susie,

Just heard back from Kerry…the girl is fast! hehehe!

She says that the smoking rooms are now on the TOP Floor only.

If you need to send down a request you can reach her at:

concierge@dreamslaromana.com.do

Happy Travels!
bb/mt ;D

That’s a good training for smokers to climb the top floor…
Anyway they have good lungs!

With both of us being ultra sensitive to tobacco smoke, (us ex-smokers are the worst, aren’t we!), I requested a non-smoking room when I booked our reservation. I was told that there are no guarantees and that DLR does not have “designated” non-smoking rooms. (This may have changed since then - I booked our trip the first week of August while the hotel was still CDM).

I was also told that prior to our arrival I should send an email to guest services to let them know that we have allergies/are sensitive to tobacco and that housekeeping would ensure our room has a “special” cleaning prior to our arrival.

Don’t know if I’ll do that - it seems to me that the guest services folk are inundated with “special requests”. As long as the bedding and the room in general doesn’t reek of tobacco, we should be just fine. :-X

Although I would like a room on the second or third floor :stuck_out_tongue:

Storm :sunglasses:

Thankyou B2B, smoking is such a touchy subject, I was afraid to bring it up but thought it wouldnt hurt to ask. As usual you came through with the answer. :slight_smile:

Well since we are on the topic…what is situation for indoor dining at Dreams? We were at the Ambar last year with no smoking in any restaurant and it was refreshing.

There is NO Smoking at any of the indoor restaurants at Dreams LaRomana or any of the other Dreams Resorts.

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

I just got an email from Kerry and she tells me smoking rooms are on the first and second floor. I guess we’ll find out when we get there.

Hola:

Non smoking is on the top floor only!

Hugs!

Kerry Consentino
Gte de Servicios al Cliente/Guest Services Manager

Above is the email she sent me the other day…I guess it changes…we will see…

hehehe…it might change a few times by the time we arrive…

Happy Travels!

bb/mt ;D

I think it’s the way it’s been for a while though indeed changes could always happen. I know that the 3rd floor has been non-smoking and the 1st and 2nd allow smoking. Sounds like Kerry is confirming that with the info she’s providing to all of us! I’d be surprised that she’d say this now and then a change would follow shortly.

Kaki

[quote=@baltobabe]Hola:

Non smoking is on the top floor only!

Hugs!

Kerry Consentino
Gte de Servicios al Cliente/Guest Services Manager

Above is the email she sent me the other day…I guess it changes…we will see…

hehehe…it might change a few times by the time we arrive…

Happy Travels!

bb/mt ;D[/quote]

LOL! I must be getting dyslexic in my old age…YOU know I totally mis read that she says the NON smoking are on the top…I guess I was just a little too excited…Sorry for my “excitedness”…

What with my daughter just about to deliver my head is in the clouds! Poor girl still hasn’t had the baby…just got back from the hospital and they had her there since last night and did 2 procedures that still haven’t brought the baby…they are going to try all over again tommorw and if the baby doesn’t come they will be doing a C section…Please keep her and the baby in your prayers!

all the best,
bb/mt ;D

sorry again for my “excitedness”!

Baby is in my prayers and I hope he/she comes fast without the c section
all the best