Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Solo Traveler Needs Advice!

Due to some unfortunate changes in travel plans, I will be taking my first solo vacation this May to the Barcelo Punta Cana Resort. 23 year old single male here looking for some advice about the resort, excursions I should go on, and general tips about being a solo traveler at an AI resort. This is also my first time going on an all inclusive vacation.

Will be there may 27-June 1 if anyone wants to hang out or needs a dinner buddy!!!

OK, first off, as a single male, you’ll be perceived as a threat …
Take every tour that interests you.
Partake in the pool and beach activities.
Great opportunities to 'break the ice’
You’ll meet lots of people - and likely get dinner companions and maybe a dance partner or two.
If you’re lucky maybe you’ll run into a single …
It’s a big place and there will be lots of opportunities.
Keep it low key.
You’ll be fine. ;D

Not trying to be threatening!! Lol just a friendly guy that’s a little nervous to travel alone for the first time. I’m perfectly fine with lounging by the pool or on the beach forth day but worried I’ll be sitting all alone after the sun goes down.

As for excursions, I’m considering the trip to Saona Island as well as the full day trip to Santo Domingo. Any thoughts or other recommendations? The resort also has a spa so I could also kill a few hours there i suppose…

It’s a big place. With a little luck, there will be some compatible singles there at the same time.
Unfortunately, most will be couples - but not all …
Have a great trip.