Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Some Grand Oasis Questions

Hi
Im new here and think this is a great site. Have been reading through recent threads and it seems that we are going to be able to learn alot before our planned holiday next year :slight_smile:

We are thinking of going away in May 09 for 3 weeks and have got a good price for the Grand Oasis Marien but there are a couple of things I would like to know if anyone is able to help?

We are travelling with our son who will be 3 years old ( however he turns 4 a month after we travel home ) we would like to know if there will be things for him to do? Maybe little group activites etc

For the drinks have read about the wines etc but wondered if there is champagne? Or can you purchase it? I only ask because we are going for a birthday ( not actually while we are there but the holiday is for the birthday so would like a glass or 2 if possible )

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Look forward to learning more about DR and the area before we go :slight_smile: Am going to start getting little bits and bobs for the staff together now ( little bit each month ) as I know when we went to cuba this was really appreciated :slight_smile:

thanks again

[quote]We are travelling with our son who will be 3 years old ( however he turns 4 a month after we travel home ) we would like to know if there will be things for him to do? Maybe little group activites etc
[/quote]

There is a new Kid’s Club that was opened late in 2007 with lots of supervised activities for kids. They also encourage parents to participate for some of the games. Nice shallow wading pool to get out of the heat, covered structure for inclimate weather and located near the beach.

You can purchase name brand wines, liquors and champagne at the resort. The generic Dominican brand wine & liquor is included with the all inclusive package …is passable but isn’t up to the standards of stuff available in NA.

We are going for 2 weeks on Nov 17, our 4th time at the resort and have enjoyed it each time. Don’t be afraid to travel into Puerto Plata …the people are very friendly. A little bit of Spanish language knowledge will go a long way. If you’re brave try the local “bus” transportation (any mobile vehicle with 4 or more wheels). We have and it is truly an experience! You can travel to Sosua for a couple of Dominican dollars instead of $50 US and get a flavour of the locals.

Brilliant thank you so much for your reply :slight_smile:

My grandparents used to live in Spain so have some spanish knowledge so that should be good to put that into use :slight_smile:

Thank you for your advice about travelling into Puerto Plata - would be nice to see outside the resort :slight_smile:

Lucky you going away again soon :slight_smile:

Not even booked yet ( hoping to soon ) but already getting excited LOL ;D