Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Sosua Bay Resort

Found a good price for this resort & just curious what everyone can tell me about it.

The resort is very large and terraced so there are lots of stairs; not a great resort for anyone with mobility problems. There is no real beach in front of the resort. People who stay at the Sosua Resort use the public beach. There is a small charge to rent a lounger for the day. When we stayed at the sister resort, Victorian House (on the same property), in 2004 the food was excellent. The specialty restaurants were amazing, especially the Marco Polo.

Sosua is a great little town and there’s lots to see and explore. We felt very safe there day and night.

Is there a bar down near ground level, so that if you rented a lounger you could get drink?

There are cash bars on the beach but the resort doesn’t have one there. There’s a large deck area at the with a bar and snack bar where people sunbathe. The waves come crashing in at certain times of the day.

this hotel has great food and a beautiful view of the bay rooms are average but for me i would not return there really is no beach and what little and i mean little there is is next to a cement jetty people fish from there clean fish and toss the guts right in the water normal but close to were you swim, hawkers stand on the jetty as they are not allowed on hotel property and pester you for trips on boats etc, the dive shop parks their boat right on the beach so often you are dodging boats while swimming i love sosua but for me breezes free shuttle service to town was much better. I like to be on the beach without being pestered by hawkers non stop did not like this about playa dorado either also lots of stairs at this location not good for many people. hope this helps