Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Spanky Project (The Movie)

Hola a todos,

We returned home, last night, after a very successful TNR (and more)
campaña in Havana.

While I prepare the trip report please have a look at this short film.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/YrApKMJQ2yI[/youtube]

Video is here:
http://www.spankyproject.blogspot.ca/

Great video!

The Spanky Project is doing such great work. Keep it up.

BTW, donation cheque is in the mail.

Excellent Video! I have some school supplies for the educational project and will pick up a couple of items on your “wish” list for my trip in December. Great job, Terry!!

Thank you Drg & Cubamiga. I appreciate you taking the time to have a look and help out.

Enjoyed the video and appreciate the great work being done by the project . Also made a small donation.

Wonderful video. You guys are like Doctors Without Borders, for Pete’s sake!

Now I’ll be honest. I was thinking about a donation, but on tonight’s news our local SPCA was a top story (there’s only 1 in the entire city of Québec, can u imagine?) and they showed how run down the place was and that they are in dire need of donations (or even a new building, the ceiling’s leaking), geez you should have seen the place. They’ve been in this tiny building over 25 years with no renovations…

So I think I’ll give to them this year, BUT… I will continue to support and speak about the SPproject to every pet lover I know and I pledge to make donation in early 2013, promise, cat’s honour!

There is lots of need in Canada without sending money abroad. IMO

For those interested, Radar’s organization also supports and promotes “The Lions Foundation Dog Guides” project. They provide guide dogs to Canadians with disabilities. A really important and appreciated project for those in need here in Canada.
Info here, and get your wallets out:
http://www.dogguides.com/index.html

What proportion of their money goes to http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.php compared to Cuba?

Vagabond, many of us who support projects in developing countries also support organizations in Canada. The fact that someone makes a donation is a good thing.

Radar, I have sent you a pm.

Vagabond … all I will say is we all have our own causes.

I will ask … with all the beaches in Canada why do you go to Cuba or vacation outside of Canada for that matter.

I applaud the fact that zendudette is helping locally.

In closing I also find those that complain the most do the least. I’m sure it is not the case with you.

great video, i never knew what the spanky project was but i have seen in on the threads alot. well done. actually my dog (golden retriver) has some skin issues and i took him to a naturopath, what we do for our hairy kids.

[quote=@radar]Vagabond … all I will say is we all have our own causes.

I will ask … with all the beaches in Canada why do you go to Cuba or vacation outside of Canada for that matter.

In closing I also find those that complain the most do the least. I’m sure it is not the case with you.[/quote]

1. true

2. a tad sarcastic

3. agree

4. complaining? merely questioning

Response to my question: 4 questions
0 answers
::slight_smile:

[quote=@vagabond][quote=@radar]Vagabond … all I will say is we all have our own causes.

In closing I also find those that complain the most do the least. I’m sure it is not the case with you.[/quote]

1. true

2. a tad sarcastic

3. agree

4. complaining? merely questioning

Response to my question: 4 questions
0 answers
::)[/quote]

Vagabond
In response to your "2) a tad sarcastic " not sarcastic just saying look in the mirror.
In answer to your “question” zero of our money goes to the Lions. I/ we suggest that people consider them as a worthy cause for donations and promote their efforts on occasion.

Vagabond … I care not to get pissing contest with you.
I saw a need and I am attempting to address it.
How about I have my cause you have your cause?

#15 agreed.

Was just looking for the truth without the attitude. :slight_smile:

Hi Radar,
First, I want to commend you for your selfless attitude. Secondly, I looked up the address for donations to Spanky and my cheque will be in the mail on Monday. Thirdly, yes I give at home, also :wink: