Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Stopping Nail Bitting

OK, it is a New Year & I am really going to try to change a few of the things that I need & want to change about myself. I am in need of losing weight, so yesterday I joined WW, did it before & I know that I can do it again, but one other thing that I really want to do is to stop biting my nails, I so want to have nice nails & to be able to have a manicure, but I have been a life long biter. Has anyone ever had any luck quiting? Any tips would be great.
Thanks

Mind over matter I guess.

I used to bite my nails since I was about 8 years old…
I stopped about 3 years ago…with the help of two products which I am not sure I can name here…
one is a nail polish-like strengthener and the other is an intensive protein cream…
used daily every night before bed…results in about 10 days…
I had also made up my mind to stop as well…
but I needed the products to repair my nails and cuticles.
I now go for a manicure every 2 weeks, and it is a real treat when my manicurist compliments me on my REAL nails!
(let me know if you want the product names!)

I would love the name of the nail strengthener…

Try putting acrylic nails, professionally for a few months. They are thick and you will be aware when you are biting and you will have beautiful nails all the time. It might be a bit expensive at first but then hopefully your habit will be gone and you can go back to your original nails.