Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Summer Prices?

Hi everyone, Im looking at a summer trip to PP. I was going to go aironly and stay with a friend and give her money for food,gas etc... I was originally looking at two weeks but am thinking of cutting back to one...My hubby is thinking of going with me as well,so now Im wondering if maybe going AI might be my best bet?? The prices for late June-early July from Halifax are pretty steep right now but Im also looking at prices from Toronto, which are a bit better. I know that nobody can predict what the prices will be (especially this year!) but Im wondering if anyone can tell me what summer prices from YHZ or YYZ have been in the past? I just want to get an idea of what my options are…

you usually can get good deals out of YYZ in June if you wait closer to the date you want to travel…

Some friends invited us to spend a week at their apartment in POP. I looked up the prices for air only. It looked higher than I thought it should be. So I looked up the price of an AI. After factoring in the estimated taxi cost I would need with the air only option, I was within $10 of the AI package, and I still hadn’t factored in food and drink. Needless to say, I booked the AI package and just visited my friends once or twice the week we were there …

Thats what Ive been finding too BOb. Airfare right now is just to high…I know deals can be found but apparentlly not for the time I want to travel! Im wondering if anyone knows of any resorts close to PP that dont charge the single supplement? That`s yet another killer to my wallet…

We traditionally travel the first week of June for our anniversary and find the best prices are out in March to most destinations. You need to watch the travel sites closely though or have a TA do it for you. Cheers!

Hi there,

Yep, AI will come out to almost the same…

Here’s a link to various travel companies that offer a ‘no singles supplement’ to POP.

http://www.exitnow.ca/SoftExit/Search/Ulysse/default.asp?SID=327557718107310224101136637895668456270942446070446705766892779926&LangID=EN&WHATID=306&TYPE=gamme&TOLEVEL=2&DESTINATIONID=2&THEMEMASK=4096&parentid=INTERET&CTEMPLATE=GAMME

Have a great vacation!