Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Sun Vilage/Dreams La Ramona & Finally Riu Bambu

Hi All,

I was booked to go to the Sun Village and have received a letter off Thomas Cook who we booked with saying that their contract has been terminated 6 weeks before we go. Not sure why this has happened so just thought i would let ppl know…

We then booked the Dreams La Romana through Thomson and found out that the hotel is basically a building site and 75% of the resort is not open. This holiday cost is £3000 for 2 weeks. Obviously we have changed this now but just wanted to let you know that if you are staying here then it would be an idea to get in touch with your travel agent.

We are now rebooked and staying in the Riu Bambu, was just wondering has anyone stayed here? I am going for my friends 30th birthday…

4th hotel booked now within a number of months, so fingers crossed that we have a great holiday…

Any comments welcome but please dont tell me anything bad as i dont think i could cope ha ha ha ???

We were at the Bambu last December and would gladly go again. Review (mostly positive) and photos/slideshow posted. Slideshow pretty well requires high speed internet. See my website. (www.bobfromcanada.com)

I was at the RIU Bambu in June/07. It’s marketed as a five star resort here in Canada but it’s closer to a 4 star. That being said, I had a great time there. The beach is fantastic and the food is good. It’s a casual, upbeat place with guests and families of a wide demographic.

The only big comlaints I have of the Bambu are the somewhat dated rooms (they need a renovation but kept clean) and they need toilets closer to the beach. This property gets mixed reviews but the beach and the friendly staff should make your vacation great