Here is what’s on their website - not that it ever rains in the DR! and yes … there is lots to read in the ‘fine’ print under the terms and conditions…
RainCheck is a weather protection guarantee available exclusively from Sunquest, Holiday House and Fun Sun Vacations that entitles you to a future travel voucher representing the base cost of your holiday (excluding transportation-related fees, taxes and surcharges and travel agency booking fees and charges), should it rain for more than half your holiday. Promotoion is effective for bookings made from Saturday Nov. 15, 2008 onwards.
• For example, if it rains half inch or more each day for 4 days of a 1 week vacation, we’ll give you a credit for your next vacation (taxes excluded).
• Rainfall is measured by an independent company in the city or at the international airport in the destination where you landed.
• Within 30 days of returning, just check our website and see if you qualify.
• If you qualify, you’ll immediately receive an e-mail confirmation, and a future travel voucher for the price of your vacation (less taxes) will be sent to your travel agent.
• To redeem your free* vacation, decide where and when you want to go and book by September 30, 2009.