Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Sunquest Vacations

Well, I finally got a reply back from Sunquest Vacations about our past trip to Dreams Punta Cana.

Basically, they said…sorry to hear it didn’t meet your expectations, but there is nothing we can or are willing to do about it.

So, I sent them a letter back today…

I have been travelling almost exclusively with Sunquest yearly since 1986. This is the first time I have ever complained about a trip or had a problem. I guess I am sorry too then, I will have to find another tour operator for my future vacation needs.

This was so disappointing to hear from them. Guess customer service and satisfaction isn’t high on their priorities anymore. It is also sad it took from January 15th until March 11th to get a reply back from them. Guess they have more important things to worry about.

thats to bad OBH, as in these trying times it is going to come down to customer service, price can only be chopped so much, its listening to your customers that is going to pay off,

They obviously do not have customer service in their agenda, I last used them in 2000 after a letter from my lawyer asking for a resolution with my complaint after 6 months. They then responded pronto and I settled with them for a free trip to Cuba.

I received an equally unsatisfactory reply from Sunquest approximately six years ago. In a nutshell, they said that since they neither own nor manage the resort, they had no control over anything relating to my vacation experience.

Pretty much the impression I got from my conversations… so I made it clear to them , that since 1986 I have used them almost exclusively, at probably if you average it out…$4-7,000 a year, thats about $115,000+ in total … I am sure another company would be glad to have my business…

It’s frustrating for sure…but to be honest…most companies and business don’t give customer service any more. When they do its the exception to the rule.

Most times things are ok, so we have no reason to complain or need customer service. But when you do need them, thats when you find out that they are like any other company/business…just looking for your $ and nothing else.

Unfortunately, when you have a legitimate complaint, your letter ends up with the hundreds of ‘complaints’ from people trying to get something for nothing. There are so many of these that they tend to ignore all complaints. Usually, all you get is the standard form brush off letter and nothing more.

I had problems last year with Transat. We had prebooked our seats both ways and they were messed up both ways. The staff on the plane were useless!!! I filed a complaint on the plane and called when I got home, and I was told to email my complaints. I told the whole story and in the end I did get my money back, for which I was happy, but I would have liked an apology.I understand that mistakes happen but the staff on the plane were rude and unprofessional and I know that I was far from the only person who was making a complaint about this flight!
I think customer service ,in most cases,is a thing of the past…Its to bad as it does make you think twice before using that company again. When I booked my trip to Cuba this year I originally looked at a Transat package that fit my budget. I talked to my TA and told her that the price was right but I was not happy that it was with Transat. Since her parent company is Signature she called and got them to price match the trip for me. I took the Signature package, even though the room selection was not as good as Transats. I had gone with Signature before with no problems, so it was an easy decision for me…

I’m having trouble with this one. Why on earth would you wait until you got on the plane? At that point, everyone has a boarding pass with a seat number on it. You can’t expect the staff on the plane to boot someone from their seat to make room …

I’m having trouble with this one. Why on earth would you wait until you got on the plane? At that point, everyone has a boarding pass with a seat number on it. You can’t expect the staff on the plane to boot someone from their seat to make room …[/quote]
I think nsfamily deserves an opportunity to explain further before any objections are aired.
Although I don’t know what happened in their particular circumstances, we’ve seen it happen before where seats were double booked and there was no way of knowing in advance until two sets of people have boarding passes assigning them to the identical seats. ::slight_smile:

That’s why I’m asking for an explanation. As written, it doesn’t make sense …

[quote=@meandfamily][quote=@bobfromcanada]
I’m having trouble with this one. Why on earth would you wait until you got on the plane? At that point, everyone has a boarding pass with a seat number on it. You can’t expect the staff on the plane to boot someone from their seat to make room …[/quote]
I think nsfamily deserves an opportunity to explain further before any objections are aired.
Although I don’t know what happened in their particular circumstances, we’ve seen it happen before where seats were double booked and there was no way of knowing in advance until two sets of people have boarding passes assigning them to the identical seats. ::)[/quote]

You are so right !!! On February 15th on our return flight there were at least 20 seats that were doubled booked and no one knew until they went to sit in their seats. It was awful. There were even people sitting in the exit row who hadn’t paid for it and the people that HAD paid for it had to FIGHT for them with the CS Rep on board.

How do I know… I was there and two of those seat were ours. We all had to stand in the exit area until it all got sorted. 7 people who also paid for the best seats up front HAD to sit at the back of the plane.

Well, that would be truly awful. But, truth be told, if I was flight crew in that situation, I might be a bit useless too. As in, what the heck are they going to do? Absolute best is to get everyone seated somewhere and sort out the complaints later …

Bob, you’re right it was awful and the flight crew were trying so hard to be professional about it. One thing I didn’t like was they were trying to lay blame where it didn’t belong, that’s another story.

The flight crew did exactly like you said and tried to get people seated so we could take off in time. They had a tough job as some people that although they hadn’t paid for upgraded services but were assigned the seats just didn’t want to budge. But if these “dishonest” people would of just taken a seat in the “class” they “paid” for then most of the people wouldn’t of had to file claims.

They had kids split up from their parents and the kids themselves were even split up from each other. They had to make announcement after annoucement over the P.A. system for people to switch seats. I would say half got sorted and the other half were left to file claims.

What was really bad was some people were getting the “evil eye” from other people that were sitting in “their” seat anytime they had to walk up or down the aisle. This carried on right to the luggage carousel.

In the end we got our assigned / paid for seats as the people sitting in them were “caught” by the onboard CS rep snickering to themselves at the fact they hadn’t paid for them and we had paid quadruple what they did for the exit seats. Other people weren’t so lucky.

Did this affect the “Club Class area”…cause I will be steaming mad if they mess that up…with the extra $ I paid…plus the extra luggage and weight I am bringing based on the Club Class allowance!!!

OntarioBowHunter

Trying to get compensation or anything from the tour operators is like pulling teeth…

About the advance seat reservation - Yes i would be upset if I paid for something and did not receive it especially something like Club Class… unfortunately the stewardess are not to blame.

Once on a flight from Boca Chica a gentlemen was angry after take off towards the stewardess b/c they had messed up his advance seat reservation. She told him she could do nothing he would have to solve this with the supplier, the guy kept on being aggressive with her and the overhead luggage door… then she told him that the pilot was her best friend and if he did not stop she would have him land the plane and have him taken off the flight. He calmed down after that.