Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Surf and AI or other resort

?Family of 2 adults and 3 girls (all 17) need destination in DR during March ???with beginner surfing, horseback riding (experienced) and place for kids to meet others.
Challenge to find accommodations for 5 people. Any suggestions? Probably Sosua/Cabrete?
Can a person split holiday between two centers?

For board surfing in the DR you want to be between Sosua and Cabarete near Playa Encuentro. The closest resorts are Breezes Puerto Plata and Viva Whyndham Tangerine. To get a rough idea of the rate for a two resort holiday take the 2 week price for Resort #1 and add it to the rate for Resort #2 and divide by 2. You will be responsible for your own transfers between resorts but they will get you to Resort #1 and from Resort #2 to the airport. All must be confirmed with your T/A and booked there as you cannot usually do this online.

Ridar, in your situation an option might be to rent a villa, condo or apartment. It all depends on your comfort level with this and also your final figures with airfare, rental etc.

Sosua and Cabarete are so close to each other that it doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense to split up your time and stay at two different places.

In Cabarete there are at least two good options for villa/apartment rentals. One is Olas de Oro

www.olasdeorovillas.com/

and the other is Bahia de Arena

www.cabaretevillas.com

We have stayed at Olas de Oro but not at Bahia de Arena. I think there is a pretty positive review for Bahia de Arena on Debbie’s main site.

You can also find a lot of good information on Cabarete at

http://www.activecabarete.com/

The thing that I really like about the above site is that they keep it well updated.

I’m sure there are lots of options in Sosua as well, but I am not anywhere near as familiar with that. Phil of Philandjill would probably have some good advice for Sosua.

This is not an option that everyone is comfortable with and you really do have to look at your figures but it is an option.

If I can be of any help please let me know.

Rose