Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Swim up Bar?

Hi

Does anyone know if the “Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada” has a swim up bar? The latest reviews are not all that great for the resort. We have learned to take the reviews with a grain of salt and give the resort our benefit of doubt.
This resort is on the beach, but the big question is…does it have a swim up bar…That will be a deal breaker if it doesn’t.
We do not want to repeat this past March with another let down.

Thank you,

Never been there- sorry. The only place we’ve stayed in Playa Dorada was Iberostar - a few years ago, it was a beautiful resort.

We got a quick tour through the place last year. I don’t recall seeing a swim up bar. I don’t see any evidence of a swim up bar in any of the photos I took. I think the answer is no.

I know there is a swim up bar at the Gran Ventana but sorry, have not been to the Celuisma.

sheebe - not related to you asking about a swim up bar at the Celuisma, but if you were looking at Iberostar, didn’t want you to think it was in Playa Dorada, it’s up the road/beach a little (Costa Dorada). It’s an easy walk to Playa Dorada.
Oh, the ol’ mind, it’s not what she used to be!

I would take the reviews on the Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada with a grain of salt. I’ve met people on the beach who were staying there and didn’t like it. I gave them a tour of the Gran Ventana and that’s their new resort. As Dot said, GV has a great swim up bar.
34 day’s I’ll be back at the GV.

We were there when it was Playa Naco , I believe the year after the swim up bar was removed.