Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

TARP spies

Seems the TARP spies are monitoring here, banned again from TA this morning  P-)

Dave:

I didn’t know that you had returned to TA. Surely TA can detect you by your IP address anyway.

I did not know you were back on TA either, it is too bad, you have allot of knowledge to share.

Debbie’s has stated their commitment to being a “TARP-Free” zone, which is a good thing. Let’s be careful not to pollute this forum with feuds from the “other” forum.

What is TARP?
and no overlapping feuds…please

[quote=@iggy1]What is TARP?
[/quote]

TARP is an acronym for Trip Advisor Review Police, and refers to group that band together and cause the sudden disappearance of negative reviews about someone’s preferred resort. It only takes few members of the well-cloaked TARP to cause a review to be pulled, or a post to be removed, or a member to be banned.

We don’t want to go there. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the definition, Mad.

To add to what Iggy said, more to the point, no feuds at all. Overlapping or otherwise. We should all be able to have discussions without arguments. I like to see lots of varying opinions expressed, because that is how we can learn stuff.

Thanks for the explanation, never hear of it, but I do come across TA posts that say TA deleted a post, problem is, it builds my curiosity as to what they said. Anyway, this place is getting busy enough I don’t really need to check there much, with the experience of this board almost any question can be answered with accuracy.

I was merely giving a warning to members that their postings are being monitored by lurkers from the other forum.

[quote=@bellagio]Dave:

I didn’t know that you had returned to TA. Surely TA can detect you by your IP address anyway.[/quote]Not when using a proxy address, it was definitely a TARP lurker on Debbies. (:))

IMHO, the first week or so is going to have some overlap with 3 forums going on. A lot of us had switched to Forum Cuba and kept up TA. I agree with iggy that if everyone on here has the info and the discussion is good, I am going to stop my posts in ForumCuba and TA.

The question is how civil people are going to remain. ‘The gang’s all here’ is nice but some of the gang have strong opinions that are the opposite of others with equally strong opinions. That’s what caused the problems and I will keep a positive attitude that we are all older and more mellow. :-*

[quote=@dax] ‘The gang’s all here’ is nice but some of the gang have strong opinions that are the opposite of others with equally strong opinions. That’s what caused the problems and I will keep a positive attitude that we are all older and more mellow. :-*

[/quote]

Sorry, but I don’t agree. IMO what caused the problems was the lack of tolerance towards other’s opinions – either by other members or by an over-zealous moderator. It is great to have spirited discussions, and I look forward to that here on Debbie’s.
It’s one thing to disagree with someone else’s opinion, but it is quite another to denigrate another member and bully them.
But … that was in the past, and I should mind my own heed not to rehash up dirty laundry … or some saying like that! :-X

[quote=@madrugada]IMO what caused the problems was the lack of tolerance towards other’s opinions – either by other members or by an over-zealous moderator. It is great to have spirited discussions, and I look forward to that here on Debbie’s.
It’s one thing to disagree with someone else’s opinion, but it is quite another to denigrate another member and bully them. [/quote]

That’s what I said, just not what I posted. We can hug again. :-*

Yes, we are all older, and presumably more mellow. Also perhaps less vulnerable to perceived slights or disrespect. All it takes to generate a less than polite response is posting something provocative when the receiving party is in a bad mood, PWI, or otherwise affected. I don’t think any of us are immune. Since words can sting, and there is no tone of voice to soften them, undoubtedly there will be moments that are less than “sweetness and light”. How we deal with them will determine the future of this forum. It’s always good when others step in and help resolve disputes. I think it is also useful, when you get a sharp response, to make sure both parties understand the intent of each other’s remarks. Misunderstanding often results in escalation.

"madrugada Avatar

3 hours ago madrugada said:
IMO what caused the problems was the lack of tolerance towards other’s opinions – either by other members or by an over-zealous moderator. It is great to have spirited discussions, and I look forward to that here on Debbie’s.
It’s one thing to disagree with someone else’s opinion, but it is quite another to denigrate another member and bully them."

In total agreement. As beautiful as a rose is, don’t be surprised if you get pricked by thorns, if you mangle it too much.

I currently look, as time permits at 3 forums. This one, Trip Advisor and 7daysinparadise . They are all are different and that is what I like.

Many of the people on 7Days I have met as we use to have an annual Cuba Night out in Toronto. So with that group there is also a bit of a personal connection. One gal opened a remarkable little restaurant in To. “Charmain’s Place” and the word got around.

I use to also stay active on caribbean-on-line. but it has all but lost any postings. There was a moderator/ reprogramming shift and everyone seemed to migrate to Debbie’s if I recall it correctly.

There is a fine line between, having a good place to review travel, chat and not be policed to the point of loosing the personal touch IMHO. I hope that mix will return here. I do get a bit hot under the collar with ‘sh*t disturbers’… but then others find humour in the canned fish stories. As long as there is no harm…then no foul…

TARP are active - they yanked one of my post…uncertain why. I was very civil …I thought

They yanked the one
"Hey what’s going on at Debbie’s" too hahahahaha

Really? - silly buggers. The one they yanked of mine was on gifting and I said my usual No No No gifts…message, and offered an alternative & suggested the Dubois foundation as another source of sharing…

Personally if they delete one of my posts, I really couldn’t care less. I have learned over the years, thanks to posts on this forum being deleted when it was run by Debbie, not to get worked up over it. These were mostly off topic chat to be fair.

In fact I often receive PM’s from members saying that so and so thread has been deleted on TA and I hadn’t even noticed.