Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Taxi rates

I was given a price of $25.00 for a taxi trip from the Grand Palladium Palace to the Melia Caribe resort. Does this sound about right or should we just wait until we get there to get a quote? Thanks in advance.

CR

24 lookie lous but not one response…anyone out there have an inkling of a price range?

CR

That seems a bit high…personally I would not book anything in advance. The taxi’s are unionized and each resort has a price list that states clearly what the fee should be. I would suspect more in the $18 range. No issue getting a cab at either location…just ask at the front desk and within minutes one will be there for you!

Cheers

PCMike

Thank you so much PuntaCanamike. We were also wondering, and I feel that you are the man to speak with, if we can drop off school supplies for the kiddies at either or these hotels? We do have friends that are going to the Palladium with us that might be doing the monster truck/safari tour and I think that one of those companies will take supplies for the schools, but we were hoping that if the tour didnt happen that we could give our supplies to someone in the area. We are not talking thousands of dollars worth of supplies but I guess every little bit helps. If neither or these resorts are part of pick up locations for supplies could you let me know where I should/could take them? Thanks in advance.

CR

hi CR,
for the cabby,
totally agree with buddy PC Mike.
available at the lobby and should cost 15-18 bucks for up to 5 persons.
it is just a few minutes short ride from the palladium resort to the Melia resort.
in case of your donations, PC Mike or myself are on daily bases nearby the palladium, no prob that one of us comes by at your lobby to pick them up.
to set up a day and time you can PM either of us.
the Monster Truck is a great safari tour, you will love that one.
i know about their charity program and met with the owner of the tour myself about that theme, there is no doubt that your donations are in the right hands at that company.
have a pleasant stay
Mike