Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Thanks to all re Samana!

I wanted to post a quick note to thank everyone for their candid reviews of the new hotels in Samana. Thanks to this timely information, we are now switching our upcoming week’s vacation from the Bahia Principe Samana to another yet to be determined location in Punta Cana for this year. I hope that we will be able to visit Samana in the near future for I am disappointed we will be unable to experience the beauty of this area, the whales, the falls and everything else it has to offer. I was so excited to be able to watch whales from my balcony but with a 5 year old and almost no amenities at this time at our first hotel, the decision to change is a good one. I look forward to reading further reviews as all the glitches are ironed out and I look forward to some DR sun and seeing the friendly people again regardless of where we end up! Happy travels to all!

:slight_smile:

If you want to see the whales and stay in Samana, I highly recommend the Casa Marina Bay near Las Galeras. We stayed there for 10 days over the New Year period and had a very relaxing time on one of the most beaur iful beaches i have ever seen. Good facilities, abundant food (if not haute cuisine, caring staff, and lovely grounds. Tip-if you want a decent alcoholic drink, bring your own bottle or else stick to beer.