Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

The best places in st maarten!

SHOPPING: believe me when i tell you, shopping is my job. i know it better than anyone and i would like to help u…for jewelry definitely check out Jewelmasters. they have two stores, one in the divi resort and one on front street right next to the ralph lauren store. These people are amazing i tell you!! they have the nicest stuff at by far the best prices. i think they have a new website too, jewelmasters.net … couldnt hurt to check it out!

Eating: peg leg pub is greattttttttt, and i simply love temptations. they have a very tasty asian dish, i believe it was chicken and shrimp noodles or some sort…

Living: i love the divi little bay resort. its not the most posh as im used to, but they have the best staff and the villas are pretty. the beach area is always clean and the Jewelry store is walking distance!! heaven on earth!

Clubs: everyone says the same things, and i agree, Q and bliss, the only two places worth spending your nights at.

check out these places when you go, and mention me at the jewelry store, maybe they’ll give you a better deal, the employees love me there!

I really enjoyed your report and pics !! We are looking into maybe visiting st maarten in 2006 for something different.Not sure where yet,but it will be all incl. ;D ;D ;D

Well we just came back from Sint-Maarten where we had a great vacation.
The island is beautiful in all aspects and we met there very nice folks from around the world.

We loved the Boathouse Restaurant at Simpson Bay. The seafood was great and the staff is so friendly. That place was up to its reputation. We had lunch there by the waterfront last saturday this was our last meal before getting back to reality.

W loved the sunset beach bar at the tip at the airport. Great music, great bar…fun fun fun…
It’s just amazing how low those planes are over the beach.

We went to the open market in Marigot, it was beautiful, all those local artworkers make it so special…

We drove up to the Pic Paradis, the view on the all island is perfect for great pictures.

Orient Bay is a nice beach, but we can imagine how crowdy it can get there on the high season.
We had lunch twice on Orient beach and the food was ok, though overexpensive for what you get.

Our favorite beach was Friar’s Bay. So relaxing and the Chairs are free of charge. It was a nice touch. Lunch at the Friar’s Bay Beach Bar was excellent. We’ve been surprised to get such a quality by the beach.

We had a great diner at Grand-Case at Le California, great food at a decent price.

We highly recommend Sint-Maarten, this was our first trip and we can’t wait to get back there…

mbrink,
I’m glad you enjoyed St Maarten but there are not many people here who have been there. Have you tried the TTOL forum at http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=stmartin?
This board seems to be almost entirley used by Cuba goers.

I do agree with mbrink, we’ve been going down to the Caribbeans for many many years and Sint-Maarten is for us the best destination down there. No other island can compete with the friendly island in all aspects…