Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Time change

Does Cuba go on daylight savings time on March 8th the same as us??? ???

Time change in Cuba:

Midnight between Saturday, March 14, 2009 and Sunday, March 15, 2009 clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 1:00:00 AM local daylight time

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/clockchange.html?n=99

Last year they changed on the 16th but it was only announced on the 13th.

(And I am not sure where these websites get their information, Y.)

[quote=@beardo]Last year they changed on the 16th but it was only announced on the 13th.

(And I am not sure where these websites get their information, Y.)[/quote]
Well Beardo, you got me, this sight says Cuba changes to DST on March 8th…so I give up. es Cuba, si. Guess you’ll find out the day after…whenever that is, jeje.

http://worldtimeengine.com/dodst/pst_cuba

Yan - exactly - two apparantly thorough websites which conflict. Is one right and one wrong - or are they both guessing ?

Is is possible we’re not in sync with Cuba’s time change because we moved our time change ahead a few years ago when the U.S. did for energy savings? Our “spring forward” was always end of March or early April, never this early.

Sometimes Cuba goes with Europe - at others it splits the difference.

Well Sunwing has just changed my arrival time on March 9th to 12:15 pm rather than 11:15 am (but it is still a direct flight with no added stops). Also, my departure time on the 16th has been pushed ahead by one hour (with no changes otherwise). Therefore I am going to assume that Sunwing (and Frank Pais airport) is going on Daylight Savings Time as of the 8th. March.

At this point, I don’t care whether I get there at 11:15 or 12:15, as long as I get there! If I am in time for lunch at the buffet, so much the better, but if not, I will head for the snack bar.

Thanks to everyone for posting information on the time change.

Thanks everyone for posting comments on the time change. I guess we will find out for sure on Sunday when we are down there.

both web sites now say the same now March 8 same as us