Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

To all our American Travellers

I will be flying from Manchester NH to San Antonio TX in April. This is my first domestic US flight on a US based carrier.

I need to know if I can bring water on the plane with me or if I must purchase from the airline?

Any Info would be appreciated.

EDinNB

[quote=@southernnber]I will be flying from Manchester NH to San Antonio TX in April. This is my first domestic US flight on a US based carrier.

I need to know if I can bring water on the plane with me or if I must purchase from the airline?

Any Info would be appreciated.

EDinNB[/quote]

You may not bring bottled water through the TSA security check point. Once through however you may purchase it from any of the concessions on the airplane side of security and then take it on the airplane.

Gregg

That is fine with me, as long as I can get it, I can probably manage on the Manchester to Newark leg, but Newark to San Antonio without at least a litre of water will be very rough.

The last 2 times we flew from Canada, the rule was the same.

EDinNB

You can also take an empty water bottle through security and fill it at a drinking fountain before boarding the plane.

I dunno Bob, Free Municipal Water VS relatively safe expensive bottled water…

I’m gonna hafta think on that one for a bit…

EDinNB

[quote=@southernnber]I dunno Bob, Free Municipal Water VS relatively safe expensive bottled water…

I’m gonna hafta think on that one for a bit…

EDinNB[/quote]
The only standard bottled water has to meet is ‘it comes in a bottle’. Think of it, Evian is naive, spelled backwards. ::slight_smile:

“Think of it, Evian is naive, spelled backwards”

Touché BFC!

Back in your court EDinEB. :sunglasses:

ha ha ha
great one.
ole Sailors like BFC know their ole tricks, he he.
Ed,
if the americans do not allow your water on the plane just get a bottle of whiskey at the airport store and you should be fine. i assume flights to Texas allow a good whisky??
he he
Mike

I like the way you think Mike. :slight_smile:

EDinNB

[quote=@southernnber]I like the way you think Mike. :slight_smile:

EDinNB[/quote]
I like the way Mike thinks too. But for a domestic flight, can you even buy liquor after clearing security?

I really have my doubts on that one Bob, so it looks like naive water for me…

But with a 3 hr. layover in Newark, I might get enough inside me before I clear security :slight_smile:

EDinNB

now that sounds like a good backup plan to me, he he
Mike

Yea, once you get past security you’re fine. I typically grab a large bottle of water at one of the gift shops ($2.50-$3.00) right before I board my flight. That way I keep dehydrated for my whole flight.
And about the alcohol, you can drink whatever you want at the bars/restaurants, but it’s against FFA regulations to take your own on the plane (not that it doesn’t happen) :wink:
Enjoy San Antonio!!