Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Tourist cards

i have been told there is a much easier tourist card now has anyone seen it and does anyone have a pic of it thanks

No longer need address of hotel…only name, nationality and passport number.

great

The new Cuban tourist card/visa is now easier than the Canadian Customs card!?!

It is a LOT easier! All it asks for is your name, date of birth and citizenship. It’s very easy to complete and you’d pretty much have to be an idiot to make a mistake!

Very visitor friendly…just don’t lose the other half you require to exit the country :wink:

[quote=@hollydog] …you’d pretty much have to be an idiot to make a mistake!

[/quote]

I guess I’m in trouble then. :-[

[quote=@hollydog] you’d pretty much have to be an idiot to make a mistake!

[/quote]

easy there ;D :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Are there bigger spaces to write your information in? I hated having to write small to cram everything in the space provided.

just a quick question…where do you get these tourist cards? Is this something that the travel agent provides you with or do you get this at the airport? Is everyone required to fill one out?

Depends on the point of departure.
At smaller airports we’ve gotten them from the tour rep (i.e. Sunquest) at the check in counter prior to boarding.
At Pearson we’ve always gotten them in flight.
There is a $20 - $25 replacement fee if you make a boo-boo, which is why many are happy that it has been simplified.
(They generally give a very detailed explanation on how it is filled out).
My biggest grief is that I can’t remember from one year to the next how to fill in the date… is it Y-M-D, or maybe M-D-Y, or… :-[

[quote=@ontgunner]
My biggest grief is that I can’t remember from one year to the next how to fill in the date… is it Y-M-D, or maybe M-D-Y, or… :-[[/quote]

No worries as they clearly shown the date order right on the tourist card. Trick is to read it before starting to fill it out :wink:

Once they started doing e-tickets, the airlines began handing out the tourist cards on the plane.

Has anyone actually had to buy another card? My wife got so uptight about making a mistake that she did put something in the wrong spot. She put a line through the error, completed the card and had no problems.

“… Has anyone actually had to buy another card?..”

I think that’s largely an urban myth. It might happen the odd time but Immigration gets incorrectly filled out cards all the time and I never see them making a big deal about it. I even had one guy put a big stroke through my casa’s name and he instructed me to write a hotel name instead. The card was mess. No big deal.

Is anyone able to post a picture of the new card?

We had a lot of pressure fill in the old card. We try not to make mistake but always came up with small errors. I remembered the box " what is your original country". I wrote " Canadien" actually I am from Asea and the Cuba custom agent asked me 4 times about that and every times I told him " I was born in Canada" and he let me passed through the door.

[quote=@martian]"… Has anyone actually had to buy another card?.."

I think that’s largely an urban myth…[/quote]

Been there, done that.
It was actually my Dad’s card I screwed up… I was told immigration would probably accept it “as is”, but I wasn’t about to take the chance.
(Thus my reply to the comment about only idiots making a mistake… :frowning: )

ya but that comment was made about the new cards