Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Town Guardalavaca

Any recent news how the town and market are fairing? Public beach ect
Thanks in advance
Betty

Went twice over the Dec 5 - 19 period, one day, albeit very wet, many vendors missing in the market. Our 2nd visit was much busier, some familiar vendors we have used in years past. The town seemed to be slowly getting back to Cuban normal, a few homes still with Ike-supplied skylights, but everyone had a big smile and seemed glad to see us.
In talking to some of the locals, food still in short supply outside the resort, but they are somehow making a go of it.

Thanks MacPete
I figured the local homes didn’t fair well. We are going back to Brisas for 3 weeks in feb. Will be taking tarps and rope and some dried food. I paid extra for baggage so that will be good. Hope to help in some small way as most of us do. Hope to see some of their art work as I enjoy having a few at home. Something always catches my eye.
Cheers

Banes was surprisingly well repaired considering the devasation they had. It is hard to tell that anything happened at Guardalava as Cubans are a very resiliant lot. There are still a lot of roofs missing in little towns but they seem to be coping well.
The market is still the market, nothing seems to have changed.

Glad to here that about Banes. Have friends we visit there. Look forward to this years visit
Thanks daver27
Betty