Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Transat Holidays

Fyi, Transat has an awesome sale right now with awesome deals.
Check it out !

Just checked it out…your right! I wonder how long these prices are on for? I need to round up the gang and see who wants to go and where! :sunglasses:

Maybe I’ve gone to the wrong site but I checked a few minutes ago and the package price for what I want is higher with Transat Holidays than with other sites. ???

Deb…there is a lot of resorts that Air Transat have lowered the price but unfortunately the one we are looking at has not come down at all…

We booked the Grand Palladium Palace last week with AT at a much lower price that I saw with other carriers. I hope I did the right thing. My husband and I have a bet; he thinks the prices will go down and I think we got as good as we are going to get for this property. I hope I’m right ;D

The GPP out of Winnipeg, through Transat, last week was less than 1/2 of what it is now. I don’t think prices are going to go down that much again.

Funny that Transat is advertising a $200 price cut but the price of some packages is actually $900 more than a week ago. I don’t think they cut anything out of Winnipeg.

We booked for PP in March for $709 +tax each out of Fredericton. I don’t think i’ll get much lower than this.

Transat has dropped it’s prices for the Maritimes at least. Six days ago the price for Royal Suites by Palladium dropped by $600 (for two people) and then two days later it dropped another $122 (for two people). This price is $600 cheaper for this same resort as it was one year ago. I noticed the drop in prices was not as much as for some of the other resorts ie Majestic Colonial but it was still a few hundreds dollars less. This is an awesome price for an Adults only section in the Palladium Complex. I have never seen a quote for this amount since it opened three years ago.

[quote=@wpggrant]The GPP out of Winnipeg, through Transat, last week was less than 1/2 of what it is now. I don’t think prices are going to go down that much again.

Funny that Transat is advertising a $200 price cut but the price of some packages is actually $900 more than a week ago. I don’t think they cut anything out of Winnipeg.[/quote]

I haven’t found anyone cutting prices out of Winnipeg, they’re just sucking us dry here. :frowning:

Wonder if the Royal Suites is being reduced because of the new additions. Quite often resorts that undergo new construction and or renovations will drop pricing until they are re-established. Have even read on here and TA where some people would not be sure about booking the Royal Suites again becuase of the added rooms!

Are the added rooms not in there own section and have there own pool etc? I thought they were up behind the Gourmet Resturant.

I believe that’s where they are to be located but it will still be the Royal Suites section and share the same lobby and bar and buffet restaurant and beach. As well they are adding new restaurants. So in all the capacity of the Royal section will double. It will probably take them a while to get it all under control as to what extra staff they will need etc.

We are not planning on returning to the RS until the dust settles and we see how things turn out with all the new rooms. Our biggest concern is the fact that all the RS rooms will share the same small portion of beach. The low density of guests on the beach along with the drink service on the beach in the RS section are two of the attributes of this property that attracted us in the first place. Maybe it will be fine. Time will tell.

Funmuck, I have the same concerns and hadn’t planned on returning in '09 but the pricing sucked me in! Hopefully, those in the new section will enjoy their pool so much they won’t want to leave it. Just kidding…I am sure there will be room for everyone. As you say, time will tell. I will be finding out frist hand.

we booked our air transat trip through selloffvacations back in june (going in january) for a decent price, then a couple of months ago, the price dropped nearly $400-darn! but it’s gone up to about $300 more than we booked it for-so i guess you just have to commit and live with your choice!

We booked a few weeks ago, that is when we noticed Nolitours and AT’s prices were out of this world for Puerto Plata. We booked for Blue Bay Villas for two weeks leaving 20th Jan for a total cost including taxes $2874.00. We were really happy to see that we would be also flying with Air Transat so we could get our club seats (of course that is extra) but we are worth it.