Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Transportation from Airport

Hello all,
I wondered about taking a local taxi from airport to hotel? Does anyone know what taxi service to look out for when you come out of the airport?

I did look into the pre-booked private transfers but not comfortable pre-paying and seemed pricey…$55-65US to my hotel.

Thanks!!! :smiley:

p.s. I have gotten a few tips from this forum…just discovered it, it’s great!!

It’s really going to depend on what airport and what hotel. I suspect the pre-booked transport will be for both ways. Typically a taxi from the airport for a fairly short run (say Puerto Plata to Playa Dorada) will be $20 or more.

[quote=@nerak68]Hello all,
I wondered about taking a local taxi from airport to hotel? Does anyone know what taxi service to look out for when you come out of the airport?

I did look into the pre-booked private transfers but not comfortable pre-paying and seemed pricey…$55-65US to my hotel.

Thanks!!! :smiley:

p.s. I have gotten a few tips from this forum…just discovered it, it’s great!!
[/quote]
Are you going to an All Inclusive place?? (transfers would be included) if not would the resort you’re going to be able to arrange transfers for you? at a reduced rate?

Landing at Punta Cana airport and yes, transfers are included with the tour operator but this is my 6th time to DR and decided to take a taxi to hotel this time instead of wasting all that time waiting for people to get on your bus and stop at other resorts along the way to ours. Especially since we’re landing at midnight!

And that quote I received was for 1-way only to the Majestic Colonial.

[quote=@nerak68]Landing at Punta Cana airport and yes, transfers are included with the tour operator but this is my 6th time to DR and decided to take a taxi to hotel this time instead of wasting all that time waiting for people to get on your bus and stop at other resorts along the way to ours. Especially since we’re landing at midnight!

And that quote I received was for 1-way only to the Majestic Colonial. [/quote]

I neither know how many passengers or who quoted you…

BUT

if you e-mail Bronly at info@ibkservicios.com you will get a fair price. Usually the rate is $35US - $40US one-way for either 4 or 5 passengers (I never can remember which) plus a surcharge for over that number plus a surcharge for after 9 p.m., if either of those conditions are appropriate. If you want cold Presidente beer waiting for the ride you may also pre-order it for the ride.

Enjoy.

Gregg

Thanks Gregg…but…Bronly is one of my quotes.

“Comments: rate is 1 to 5 person U$ 90.00 (45.00 one way) plus
Shifttime (8:00 pm to 8:00 am time service) U$10.00 and the extra
person would be charged, too)”.

I’m not sure who the “extra person” would be. We are 2 people…so not sure if it’s even 55 or 65US?

Also got quote from “dominicanairporttransfers.com” = $65US

So I am no where ahead! :-/

Alternatively you can just take your chances with the airport taxis. May or may not be any different in price (+ or -) but at least you won’t have to pay in advance.

Good luck.

Gregg

P.S. - Personally I’d still use Bronly, but to each his own - LOL.

2 people $45,
3, 4 or 5 people still $45

• a premium between 8pm and 8 am $10 per cab not per person