Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Travel for December 2009

:-*I am hoping someone with alot of traveling experience can help me with my question. My husband and I decided this year that we want to be somewhere hot and beautiful sipping on Coco locos for New Years eve, I know it is really early in the year to book anything; however I was hoping to just know when is my best bet to start looking into this? Also, is it really that more expensive to travel at that time of year? I would like to leave on December 29th or 30th. I am hoping someone out there can answer my question.

Tour operators brochures will come out near August.
And it is more expensive during the Christmas New Years time period.

We are looking at doing to same this year since we had to cancel our regular January trip. We have decided to be away for Chrismtas knowing that we will have to pay more for this time of year. You may find trips on the internet sites before the books actually come out. Just keep checking.

Thank s everyone. I am hoping that it won’t be too expensive but I know in the end it will all be worth it.

We just came back from Puerto Plata and we were thinking the same thing. I had looked in December and had noticed that it is more expensive to leave for New Year’s than Christmas but both were more expensive. Our daughter left out of Ottawa on December 31st to go to Puerto Plata Village for $769. We will be looking into this also.