Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Travel quotes

There is a cool thread over on Forum Cuba [a href=“http://www.forumcuba.com/showthread.php/1404-Some-Awesome-Quotes-That-Inspire-You-To-Travel”]Travel quotes[/a] as not many from Debbie’s post over there let’s start one here, better yet post your favourite quote on both forums. :slight_smile:

Here’s one from one of my favourite authors, James A Mitchener “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.”

[attachment id=“260” thumbnail=“1”]

The book that inspired me to travel outside my comfort zone.

[attachment id=“261” thumbnail=“1”]

Fitting for Debbie’s travellers

[attachment id=“262” thumbnail=“1”]

Not a quote, but my favourite travelling song:

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.

Maya Angelou

“To travel is to live.”
― Hans Christian Andersen

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain (1835-1910);
[Samuel Clemens] Humorist, Essayist, Novelist

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

• Leonardo da Vinci

When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.

• Clifton Fadiman
1 Like

I regret nothing I have done, only that which I did not do.

There are no strangers. Only friends I haven’t met yet.

1 Like

The traveller
like the wombat
eats roots and leaves.
(add the punctuation where you deem necessary).

2 Likes