Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Traveling to Cozumel or Puerta Villarta?

Hi,
It’s been quite awhile since I have traveled to Mexico (years!) But I would like to plan a trip to Cozumel so that my husband can experience diving there. We are planning on bringing our 11 year old daughter with us. My questions is what resort would you recommend that is family friendly and has a beach. Also, I am extremely nervous about traveling to Mexico with murders, etc.

Please recommend all inclusives in both areas is possible.

Thank you!!
T.

Marina El Cid would be my choice

Most areas around Puerto Vallarta are very safe. We’ve been three times no issues and have family that winter there. The Decameron in Bucerias just outside PV is a good basic family resort but the diving wouldn’t be too interesting, a large sandy beach that extends most of the way to the marina in PV. Have also stayed at the Palladium a bit further up the coast towards Punta de Mita. Good family resort and the diving would be better since the coastline is more varied there. there are many diving tours available as well. Honestly research the hotels in PV, Nuevo Vallarta and further away in Bucerias, La Cruz and Punta de Mita it is a safe area for families.

1 Like