Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Travelling with 3, 13 Yr olds

We have chosen this year to take our 13 year old triplets on vacation to the DR with us. Beginning to think I should have done it sooner. Can anyone suggest a resort that still considers 13 yr olds as kids. I don’t want to book two rooms, but will if I have to.

You’ve got problems on two counts. AFAIK, the cut-off at most resorts is 12, so you’re right. You probably should have done it sooner. The other issue is that most resorts allow a max of 4 persons in a room. Some of our posters seem to be having issues with that (4 persons) this year as well. Two rooms might be your only way out. Anyone got any ideas?

Strong drugs. LOL

Lots of Presidente…lol

The Riu properties show 2 adults and up to 3 children to age 16 at their main site at riu.com.
Nice safe resorts. I checked the Merengue and a suite that I know would be a little tight but would work.
Maybe an email to them?
Bob has the address, I think.

[quote=@spunky]The Riu properties show 2 adults and up to 3 children to age 16 at their main site at riu.com.
Nice safe resorts. I checked the Merengue and a suite that I know would be a little tight but would work.
Maybe an email to them?
Bob has the address, I think.[/quote]

You could e-mail them at clubhotel.merengue@riu.com
or even better why not call their Reservations Center at 1 (866) 845-3765 They speak English.

Gregg

Thanks Gregg!

Thanks for all the suggestions! And I will have lots of Presidente!

The Ocean Blue will take 2 adults and 3 children. They have rooms with 2 double beds and sofa that would accomodate all of you. If they do not accept 13 year olds as children, then your other option could be to book two interconnecting rooms which they have and they are all located on the ground floor.

Our friends have decided to book the Barcelo Punta Cana, so I guess that is where we wil be going. We will get two rooms. We’ve been to Ocean Blue (just us). I would like to take the kids there someday.
Thanks for all the responses!

Barcelo is okay. There are nice upgrades available.
Is amyscreative a business?

i have 2 weeks vacation and i like to organize a trip for my childrens so that they enjoy summer vacations…please anyone suggest me where i have to go for trip where my childrens enjoy each and every moment

Guess 13 years old needs to be having a different room because not sure whether a resort will be offering something for this age or not or may be you will be charged for it.You should have ideas about it first.