Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Trip Canceled

Well, as some of you may remember, we had planned to surprise our son on Christmas morning with a trip to POP(Riu Bachata) leaving Dec. 29th. What a change of holiday plans and change of our lives - my Mom had a stroke on the 21st and died on December 25th. She had a long, wonderful life and died in peace.

Our son is none the wiser concerning the trip - we hope to book again for February. Thank goodness for trip cancellation insurance. We had booked the trip with our Visa card which has the insurance included. Sounds like it may take a bit of time for all the paperwork etc, but we will be fully refunded.

My condolences and sorry for your loss.

Hope you are able to plan another trip with your son in February.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. It is good that she had a wonderful life - it is something that can give you comfort.

Getting away in February will be good for everyone - hope the paperwork doesn’t cause too many headaches.

Our condolences too, so sorry for you and your families loss.

Hopefully you can all get away in February and spend some family time together.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Having gone through a similar family tragedy when my Dad passed in 2005 just before our trip, I know how heart wrenching it is, and not because of the trip.

Just cuddle your family a little tighter, and feel the love that still exists during this time of sadness.

As for the trip insurance, that is EXACTLY why people should take it out, because you never know what life will throw at you.

We too have it through our Visa, its a great deal, hopefully never have to use it, but its there if we need it.

Again, my sincerest thoughts to you and the family, and wishes for happier times again very soon.

Best wishes,

Wilf and Pauline

Thank you all for your kind words. As you have said, family and friends are what is important - at any time, but especially at a time like this.

Thanks again.

my deepest sympathies to you and your family… you will indeed deserve the trip when you are able to take it

So sorry for your loss…

Sorry for your loss. No matter how prepared you think you are for the inevitable it’s always a shock. Your February holiday will be just the ticket.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, you should definatley make plans to go in February, it will give everyone something wonderful to look forward to.

We are sorry for your loss, and the feb. trip will be very welcomed by your family.

From one Ottawa to another, so so sorry to hear the sad news. Take care of yourself, and will be thinking of you.
My dad is in the hospital as well, so I understand what a tough time it is. Heaven has another angel (my mom is already one there :-*)

Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep the memories alive.
A trip will do you all good and time will heal your grief.