Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Tripods

I’ve done a search and can’t find a thread on tripods, so excuse me if this has already been discussed before.

Those of you who travel with DSLR cameras, what have you found to be the best tripods for travel. I’d like to get something lightweight, but yet sturdy enough that it’s not going fall over with the weight of a DSLR.

Please tell me what you take with you when you travel.

[quote=@sheriw]I’ve done a search and can’t find a thread on tripods, so excuse me if this has already been discussed before.

Those of you who travel with DSLR cameras, what have you found to be the best tripods for travel. I’d like to get something lightweight, but yet sturdy enough that it’s not going fall over with the weight of a DSLR.

Please tell me what you take with you when you travel.[/quote]

We take two tripods when we go… one is a regular one that goes from 1’ to about 3’ in height…but my favorite is one that I picked up in a discount store of all places. Its only about 8" high, and is great for on a table or bar… its very stable, and holds both our camera and video camera with no probs… its also weights next to nothing compared to the other tripod. Last two trips we just took the little one, and it has worked fine for us.

Yes OntarioBowHunter we bought ours at the Dollarama for $1.

Works great and cheapy cheap.

[quote=@d3ratch]Yes OntarioBowHunter we bought ours at the Dollarama for $1.

Works great and cheapy cheap.[/quote]

Yes it does. When I first saw it, I thought, okay…good for one use…then throw away… but like I said, this is one great little tripod. We have used it to video the nightly shows at the resorts, without a shudder or hitch… That and the fact it weights like 2oz makes it a definite keeper.

Good ol Dollarama, got mine there too and I was a little skeptical at first and also thought it would be a throw-away purchase but was proven wrong though… I think it barely weighs 80 grams.

I’ve been waiting for a cheapie of the “Gorillapod”. You could use it to wrap around a balcony railing or the back of a chair / sunbed or even a small tree branch.