Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Tropical Storm Bavaro Excursions/Tours

Hi there!

I am wondering if anyone has booked an excursion through Tropical Storm Bavaro. If so, can you please tell me about your experience and answer the questions below?

1. What is the price for the Happy Hour Cruise versus the Sunset Lobster Cruise? I’m trying to see if it is worth it to pay extra for the cruise with lobster.

2. What time does the cruise leave at/return at? Does the boat pick you up at your resort or do you have to take a bus? If you have to take a bus, how long of a ride is it to where you dock?

3. Can you book an excursion with Tropical Storm Bavaro through your resort or do you have to make arrangements online prior to your trip?

Any details/experiences that anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. We are planning this day trip as my husband’s birthday gift, so I want to it to be great! Only 14 days to go.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We did the Happy Hour Cruise last week - price 74$ the Sunset Lobster Cruise is 109$. We booked it directly with Tropical Storm you can also book from your hotel.

The catamaran leaves Jellyfish does some sailing along the Bavaro beach then towards some snorkeling.

A bit of this.

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3018079340010211577ntmJNU

Then sailing towards the natural pool for 30 or 45 minutes stop over, then sailing back to the restaurant.

The afternoon Happy hour tour was from 3:30PM till 6:30 the boat depart from the Jellyfish restaurant beach. We were staying next door and were walking distance to the Jellyfish, we did hear the Tropical Storm representative tell people that the bus was ready so it appears that you are picked up and dropped off at your resort.

We opted for the Happy hour cruise b/c we wanted to eat later, order the house lobster dinner and have a quiet evening.

Overall we had a great day.

Is it hard to get aboard a catamaran from the water? From the pictures I’ve seen, you walk out to the catamaran to board, but just thinking about being out in the middle of the water and not touching bottom, is it difficult to get back aboard? Is it just a ladder on the side of the catamaran that you climb up, or do you have to haul yourself over the side?

Anyone have a picture that gives me a better idea?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but haven’t been on many boats, other than the kind you step into off of a dock at the cottage.

Try http://www.tropicalstormdr.com/
Select ‘View Photos’, Pelicano #1, photo 5 of 5.
You can see the boarding ladders at the stern of the boat.
Generally it’s quite easy to get back on board.

The staff are vey accommodating - you walk up to the boat in the water passed your knees, there are 2 gentlemen waiting who will take your sandals, beach bag etc they also help you get up the last steps. Not intimidating or awkward at all - no problema.

[quote=@d3ratch]The staff are vey accommodating - you walk up to the boat in the water passed your knees, there are 2 gentlemen waiting who will take your sandals, beach bag etc they also help you get up the last steps. Not intimidating or awkward at all - no problema.

[/quote]

Thanks, having a visual relieves my mind, as well as knowing that there will be others there to help you out. Guess I was thinking back to the days when you’d go swimming at the cottage and then have to get yourself back into the boat. That was many, many years ago, and I don’t think I’m as agile as I was back then. :wink:
In fact I know I’m not :wink:

[b]Don’t forget the fabulous sunset you get to see when you take the Tropical Storm Happy Hour Cruise…

This was taken Feb 13, 2009 at 6:17 pm[/b]

That is a real nice shot Debbie

You must have stayed later on the boat, we got dropped off around 5:15, the sky was nice but it wasn’t that dark.

Well that’s the strange part, that was right after the “natural” area, then as we rounded that little peak it was a little brighter…

I took a video of it too and when I was putting it together to post I hadn’t realized this occured and thought there was something wrong with the camcorder until I compared it with the digital camera pics.

Kinda neat that just a few minutes later, the sun was lower but it was brighter out. It didn’t seem that dark when we got off the boat just before 7pm.

Thanks for the info everyone! We have decided on the Sunset Cruise with the lobster dinner.

Can anyone tell me what is included with the dinner at the Jellyfish Restaurant besides the lobster? Are drinks included? Are there any side sishes served with the meal?

Thanks again!

[quote=@sunseekergal]Thanks for the info everyone! We have decided on the Sunset Cruise with the lobster dinner.

Can anyone tell me what is included with the dinner at the Jellyfish Restaurant besides the lobster? Are drinks included? Are there any side sishes served with the meal?

Thanks again![/quote]

If I remember correctly, if you watch the video on the tropical storm site, I think they show some of the dinner being served. Don’t remember if it’s clear enough to tell “what” is served or just that food is served. :wink:

http://www.tropicalstormdr.com/

I remember them saying that there is 1 drink included, unless I was hearing things ::slight_smile:

Hi Debbie,
No you wer enot hearing things. We did the Sunset cruise wth Lobster dinner, WOw what a day and what a dinner. You one BIG galss of wine, sald, lobster and lemon garlic & butter emulsion. You will not regret it, we had a blast, the best crew in the PC, music, cubalibre, snorkeling, Natural Poll & floating bar, snacks, mamajuanna while watching the sunset, just as Debbie’s picture and finally dinner. We laso bought the DVD which I watch far to often now, and it only makes me long for PC and also bought the mamajuanna bottle with yor picture on the label. Oh, how I wish I was goign back this weekend!!!

tours are ex- o - lent at dr