Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Unruly passenger forces plane to land

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2008/12/31/7887886-sun.html

Was it Rod?

Interesting. I didn’t know Skyservice flew to Grenada. But it shows as a destination on their web site. Interestingly, I can’t find a Grenada package on Sunquest, Signature or Conquest sites. And these are the major tour operators that use Skyservice planes …

BFC

Hard to believe AircanadaVacations are the supplier for Grenada from TO??

Wonder why they don’t use AirCanada planes??

[quote=@d3ratch]BFC

Hard to believe AircanadaVacations are the supplier for Grenada from TO??[/quote]
Yeah and too bad they only go to hotels I can’t afford …

According the the news a few minutes ago, the guy is now in the famous
-1 star Dominican All inclusive Jail

[quote=@hlywud]According the the news a few minutes ago, the guy is now in the famous
-1 star Dominican All inclusive Jail[/quote]
Not a place you want to be …

Obviously something wrong with the guy to try that - was he into the “sauce” from his carry on during the stop over???

Hope he enjoys his new accomodations… but, I doubt he will!

He must have gotten a whole lot more unruly after the plane landed…

EDinNB

Yes very expensive…

We had our resort of choice, but it got very difficult to get to after the demise of Canada 3000.

According to CP24 the man was suffering from clausterphobia. That would have to be one hell of a panic attack to make you want to open the emergency door!!

[quote=@d3ratch]BFC

Hard to believe AircanadaVacations are the supplier for Grenada from TO??

Wonder why they don’t use AirCanada planes??
[/quote]
Turns out that was some small outfit (Titan Tours) and those Skyservice flights were only over Christmas / New Years. I think they also fly Skyservice in the summer. So, AC Vacations will be using AC planes.

It appears his stay at the 1 Star Dominican Jail was short lived. He’s back in Canada and Canadian authorities have laid charges.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090101/charges_flight_090101/20090101?hub=Canada

I would have been scared #$%$#$^less if I was on that flight.

Quote from the original article…

"The flight was never in danger because it’s impossible to open up the plane’s doors from the inside, Mirza said.

The safety of the aircraft was never compromised at any time."

So no worries :sunglasses:

Danger or not, you just never know what someone is going to do or for that fact what they may have consumed drugs or alcohol, some people can get very crazy.

i feel sorry for the others on that flight. its bad enoph to have to leave paradise, but to witness that. hope the man gets some help from a good doctor.

Hopefully you’re right frisky. I don’t think jail will suit him if this was all caused from being claustophic ???

It seems he says god told him, also it seems he was a little confused when asked if he understood the charges. Yep medical help rather then jail would seem to be better in this case and maybe his name on the do not fly list…