Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Upgrade to Club Golden and Special Requests

Hi everyone

I have a group of 27 going to Bahia Principe in Jan 20-27 for my wedding. Six are flying with Air Canada and the rest with Air Transat (Club Golden). Is it possible to get the Air Canada group upgraded to the Club Golden?. Is it better to go through the resort, or through Air Transat? Any idea of the cost? ???

Also - what about making special requests at the resort - my sister is taking her daughter who is 2 and they want a ground floor room. Is it better to arrange these things before leaving, or once we get there? ???

I would try to organize this through your wedding coordinator if possible. They are at the resort, and wedding groups are big business for them. If it can be done, they have the pull to do it.

I just got married their in November and it was absolutely fantastic. I requested through Mariana any special requests we had from room requests, meals etc. My in laws wanted a ground level and they got it. We were in Golden Club and most if not all those villas are only 2 floors so the stair situation is not really an issue. Arrange anything you want before you go if possible. Your rooms are issued to you on the bus ride to the hotel from the airport so making changes to rooms after could be a nightmare. Mariana was great with all of our requests. If you want any hair or spa services the day of your wedding she will arrange that as well. Good to do a head of time in case there are a number of brides being married on your same day.

Email me if you have any questions. Congrats and have fun!!

Hi All,

Might one of you have the contact info for the Wedding Planner at the Bahia Principe? I am getting married at this resort in April and curious as to when I should begin to work with the Wedding Coordinator regarding any special requests/ diner reservations for our party of 40 / and salon appointments for the wedding party. I am not sure how far out these specifics are booked. Thanks!

Here is Marianna’s email at the Bahia. weddings@puntacana.bahia-principe.com I would a least email her your requests and she will let you know when you have to do them or she might just take them now. I think I made my reservations this early, especially your dinner reservations as I know that the Garden Grill and the Italian restaurant fill up first as they have outdoor terrace for more privacy and is very nice. We ate at the Italian for my wedding and it was fanastic.

Have fun you picked a great resort.