Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Vaccines

Hi and Merry Christmas all!! we are wandering wether it is important to have vaccines for going??we eat at reputable places and i dont bother with dairy products so just some concerns ive packed bug spray…thanx for info in advance!!!

No vaccines that you don’t need for anywhere else in the world (including home). Make sure yout tetnus is up to date, all the childhood diseases, polio, Hep A/B would be a good idea. If in doubt, see your doctor.

Aaaauuuurrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!

Here’s me thinking I’ve only the final Twinrix vaccine to face and you go and remind me my Tetnus is overdue too!

I HATE needles, and worse, my doctor takes a diabolical liking to GIVING them to me!!

Oh well…I’ll forget all about them once my toes are deep in that beautiful white sand!

Storm :sunglasses:

[quote=@stormlost]Aaaauuuurrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!

Here’s me thinking I’ve only the final Twinrix vaccine to face and you go and remind me my Tetnus is overdue too!

I HATE needles, and worse, my doctor takes a diabolical liking to GIVING them to me!!

Oh well…I’ll forget all about them once my toes are deep in that beautiful white sand!

Storm 8-)[/quote]

You should have my doctor then… I told him, let me guess, you want me to bend over and smile… He said, dont worry about it…your just another face in the crowd! LOL

You must have one strange doctor if he wants you to bend over as these shots are given in the arm and not where the sun usually doesn`t shine. Strange indeed

Come on Ash…read between the lines, bowhunters method of humour, about a pros… examination

I guess you have to have a sense of humour to get the joke… oh well…

For people who are deadly afraid of needles I would not think it a very good joke indeed and in bad taste to say the least. Just my opinion of course. Of course if he wants to tell jokes about a very serious question that was asked maybe he or the Mods. should set up a Joke Forum for him so he can enjoy himself with the many so called jokes he wishes to provide all of us.

In my mind joking about unpleasant issues sometimes makes them more palatable. Why is it so important to be serious all the time - humor can add a more pleasant aspect to our existence.

THANK YOU

I know if I was relatively new (10 posts) here and I asked a serious question and it turned into a joke…I wouldn’t be back

I tend to agree, but the question had already been answered and then turned to ‘needle phobia’. I don’t know many people who say they like being jabbed, and a little humour does tend to lighten things a bit …

I tend to agree, but the question had already been answered and then turned to ‘needle phobia’. I don’t know many people who say they like being jabbed, and a little humour does tend to lighten things a bit …[/quote]
Well it has gotten to the point that I guess if a person asks a question and a serious one at that there seems to be “certain” members who will find humour in it even though it might make many others feel very uneasy. As for it turning into a needle phobia I find that also very distasteful for a Mod to make such a statement.(just an observation of course and not a criticism as that would be against the rules) Isn’t it our privilege to feel somewhat ill at ease when certain subjects such as needles are mentioned. I noticed on another thread where a Mod disliked a certain picture of a animal as she found it distasteful and guess what, it sure was deleted in a hurry.

[quote=@stillsdaughter][quote=@bobfromcanada]
I tend to agree, but the question had already been answered and then turned to ‘needle phobia’. I don’t know many people who say they like being jabbed, and a little humour does tend to lighten things a bit …[/quote]
Well it has gotten to the point that I guess if a person asks a question and a serious one at that there seems to be “certain” members who will find humour in it even though it might make many others feel very uneasy. As for it turning into a needle phobia I find that also very distasteful for a Mod to make such a statement.(just an observation of course and not a criticism as that would be against the rules) Isn’t it our privilege to feel somewhat ill at ease when certain subjects such as needles are mentioned. I noticed on another thread where a Mod disliked a certain picture of a animal as she found it distasteful and guess what, it sure was deleted in a hurry.[/quote]

I was prepared to sit back an let this thread die…without further comment, but when you made the above post, I had to respond.

First of all, with regards to the deer post, it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact it was a mod (Hula) who commented on it, that made me remove it. I would of removed it if anyone else had made the same comment with the same speed. The fact that it was a mod that made the comment had absolutely nothing to do with it, and I find it insulting to the mod involved that you would make such a remark.

With regards to the other statement, please explain to me, in a way that even a 2 yr old could understand, that this is not a criticism of a mod.

If someone is in discomfort in either receiving injections, or even seeing an injections, this is by definition a ‘phobia’. No slight, or insult is/was intended by this mod in making this statement. It was just that…a statement.

As for me ‘finding humour in it’ obviously that is the way you took it, and I cannot change your mind of that fact. The purpose of my statement was to lighten the conversation, not to ridicule it.

I guess you have never heard the expression, laughter is sometimes the best medicine . Either way, no disrespect was intended to this person, and I am sure they know that is true as I have not heard from this person otherwise. Also due to the very many PMs I have received since that post telling me they found no disrespect either in what I stated, and in fact a few even complimented me on trying to lighten it up a little. In fact if I remember correctly, the original poster even added a little levity to the comment when they said “my doctor takes a diabolical liking to GIVING them to me!!” I am assuming that this person is still seeing this doctor.

As a personal favour to myself and probably others on this forum, if you or anyone else has a problem with any of my posts, maybe your should show me the courtesy of telling me in a PM that you disagree with my post, instead of in a general post. If I didnt agree with what you said in a post, I would show you that much respect and courtesy, and I expect no less.

If you wish to respond to this posting, that is your choice. As far as I am concerned this matter is closed, and I will not respond to it any further as I am sure nobody likes to read this constant bickering.

I thank you for your comments, and your opinion, all I ask is in the future, please voice any displeasure you have with a comment a have made to me personally.

My apologies to everyone (members and mods) that this thread has dragged on even this long.

Thank you.

We’ve definitely gone off the topic of the original post. Time to put it to bed … Thread locked.