Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Very picky..help with resort

My husband and I are looking to return to the Punta Cana area. We are in our late twenties and have traveled to the Caribbean extensively. We usually take cruises, but are looking for a beach vacation this year. We are aiming to visit in the summer of 2009. We have previously stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro and loved it.

The problem is when I hear people who have been to Punta Cana talking about their trip, they have either loved it or hated it, so I know choosing the resort is very important. We loved the Iberostar, but like to try different places; in Punta Cana I am worried about this. We loved the beach at the Iberostar, thought the food was good for an all-inclusive, loved the grounds, and the massiveness of this resort.

Can anyone give me suggestions for a similar resort in Punta Cana. I have been reading excellent reviews of the Excellence resort. Is it similar to the Iberostar, or should we just return there? Any suggestions would be great!

Palladium will suit your needs.

Hi erin, I too am very picky when it comes to choosing a resort! I agree with Wud. The Palladium is a great resort with great food, beach and facilities.

There seem to be several choices with the Palladium resorts…which one do you recommend? Is there much of a difference?

The palace section or the suites are your best choices…the rooms are very close to the beach, if not right on it. Its a great resort - huge, with great food and great staff. Added bonus, it’s right beside El Corticito…

Palladium Turquesa suites, EdenH, Paradisus Palma Real.
they should suit your needs.
happy travel
Mike

I also have stayed at many Iberostars. Loved them all. I did find everything was the same from Iberostar to Iberostar. Very nice but very simular. We did find a change nice but would never have a problem going back to an Iberostar.

We are going to a wedding this Jan. and are staying at the Malia Caribe. It sounds like a really nice place as well. I will do a post once I return.

If you had such a nice time maybe try on of the other Iberostars…You know you wil get quality…

Enjoy your trip when you go…

We stayed at Excellence in 2004 and we thought the resort was awesome. We would definitely go back. The. Only downside is the ocean is very rough at the Excellence. I like the rough waves but the wife could not swim and it was hard for her to enjoy the ocean.

we like the Palladium the royal suites if you are traveling kid less :slight_smile: