Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Ville Jibacoa

Hi,

Does anyone have a good e mail address and a contact name for Ville Jibacoa?

One that someone will respond back to me.

Tanks

[quote=@xtanker2]Hi,

Does anyone have a good e mail address and a contact name for Ville Jibacoa?

One that someone will respond back to me.

Tanks[/quote]
Did you try this one?

reserva@clubtropico.gca.tur.cu

Usually works for me. They are not always fast to respond. The contact name is Yara.

Yes, no answer. It’s been over three weeks. I was in the D.R. April, Varadero in Nov & Cayo Gillermo in Dec, all those places answered within 2-3 day’s.

I would just try again. Cuban resorts are not known for prompt (or sometimes any!) replies. Also, to give benefit of the doubt, sometimes the internet is down at the resort for unknown reasons.

Sounds normal…Last April I made a room request by email and didn’t receive a response but when I got there they were able to accomodate my room request after two days…patience is the key.

I think what is happening at most Cuban resorts is that they are being overwhelmed with room requests and they aren’t able to deal with it so they don’t respond to the emails or respond with a generic response.

Can you just imagine all the e-mails they must get for people asking for specific rooms and other things? Most places can’t possible accomodate everyone’s requests and keep track of them. How do you promise someone Room X two weeks from now when a guest may be checking into Room X today for three weeks. Do you tell them they can’t have that room because someone sent them an e-mail wanting the room two weeks from now? No, of course not. Unless you have some sort of affirmity where you NEED a specific room, why don’t you just request the room you want when you check in? Maybe it will be available or maybe it will be available in a couple of days, or maybe you’ll have to settle for another room close by. No biggie in my opinion. Many of the better rooms in hotels are assigned to returning guests, so just because your neighbour told you to pick Room X, you probably won’t get it anyway if someone who has been going to the resort for 10 years books for the same week. They’ll automatically give the best rooms to returning guests.

I think a general room request is a useful thing, e.g. upstairs, quiet location, or perhaps close to lobby and buffet (if you have a hard time walking), but asking for a specific room is more problematic. It makes sense for the hotel to get you in the right place initially, rather than having you back at the desk in five minutes telling them the location is unsuitable.

As a returning guest, I find some hotels are more likely to accommodate requests than others. I have also had a “promised” room scooped out from under me by a first time guest who placed an ipod into the right hands. ;D

"I have also had a “promised” room scooped out from under me by a first time guest who placed an ipod into the right hands. "

Yeah, sorry about that eeeefarm but it was an old iPod and I wanted that room closest to the bar! :wink: :slight_smile:

But… the hotels should answer the emails.

The Cuban internet is still not the most reliable or the fastest. The e-mails may have been lost; their one computer may be broken; or someone may be plowing through their their e-mails as fast as they can. The speed of the computer may still be at dial-up speed.

Why?

Given the number of room requests most resorts get these days, they would probably have to assign an employee to this one dedicated task. In many cases that would mean hiring an extra person (at extra expense!).

When I feel it necessary to contact a resort in advance of my vacation (and I usually don’t), I just select the “message received” mode so I know they received my email message. Most often, my general request is fulfilled when I arrive and check-in.

When a resort as a wedding planner/co-ordinator on staff, I do feel that messages to this person should be answered promptly- and they usually are.

You might think so! I usually give them some time, then resend it with the subject line “Did you receive this?” and also request a read receipt. Sometimes that tactic results in an answer. I am careful not to repeatedly email, as I think that would likely annoy them and that wouldn’t bode well for my request. :smiley: