Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Hi,

Thanks for all your input on my last question. I am travelling to DR on 13th Oct from Uk and have just been advised the pool at wyndham tangerine will be closed for our whole holiday due to essential maintenance. The work will be going on from 8am to 6pm with some noise.

Can anyone help me out with how much noise we can expect and if the water at the beach is ok to paddle or swim in.

Also we were advised we could use the facilities of the sister hotel, can anyone advise what the sister hotel is and how far away from tangerine this is.

thank you

Hi there Dizzy, I was there a while ago and the sea was ok for paddling and swimming but there are areas for surfing and other activities, send me a PM with your email and I’ll send you some photo’s of the layout and beach restrictions board, and some of the pool and beach.

Not sure what the sister hotel is as the nearest Viva hotel to my knowledge is in Playa Dorada, not next door by any stretch of the mind! Even if they put a bus on it must be about 45 mins away! You could always ask if they can transfer you there for the holiday and then you will have a pool and beach available.

Cheers Amandalou :-*

Thanks amandalou.

I’ve been trying to PM you with my email but it says there’s an error with your username.

Any suggestions what I could be doing wrong.

Dizzy

[quote=@dizzyblonde]I’ve been trying to PM you with my email but it says there’s an error with your username.

Any suggestions what I could be doing wrong.

Dizzy[/quote]
No idea, but I sent it to her.

edit: What error message are you getting?

Thanks both, email of pics on thier way.

Cheers Amandalou :-*

thanks amandalou and bob the pics were very helpful. apparently the complex we can use is situated next to tangerine only 2 mins away. Any help with the name would be valued.

Thanks again.

Hi there, the sister hotel is the Tangerine Palace, located directly beneath the Viva Wyndham. As far as I remember, the pool there is not very huge…

Do you have any information on how long the pool at Viva Wyndham Tangerine will be closed?

I am still thinking about going there in November. But with a closed pool? No way!!! The whole atmosphere of the hotel will be runined by this maintenance work…

Cheers
Klaus

Does anyone know if the pool has re opened? Thanks.
Would you choose one hotel over the sister hotel?