Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Volatility of pricing

PUNTA CANA DREAMS PALM BEACH 5 DLXTROPIVW AI FEB-09-2009 7 $1945.00 + 309.00 txs

Amazing how prices jump from month to month…

We paid $2019.00 + 309.00 for 14 days starting January 9th, now they want almost that much for 7 days for February 9th.

Shows how volatile the travel industry is at this time of year

Well this is the peak of the winther and travel season.

Supply and demand.

[quote=@d3ratch]Well this is the peak of the winther and travel season.

Supply and demand.[/quote]

That’s so true and to be expected.

Our trip is now $1550.00 more than when we booked. As you get closer to the date ours always goes up ---- never down.

Cheers,
Debbie

[quote=@debinatore]
That’s so true and to be expected.

Our trip is now $1550.00 more than when we booked. As you get closer to the date ours always goes up ---- never down.

Cheers,
Debbie[/quote]

ours also went up 1200$ since we booked… for us that means another last minute trip… lol ;D :sunglasses:

ours has gone down $300.00 dollars .Booked in Sept. but had to book early to get on our direct flight.They only have so many seats for 2 week stays.

[quote=@ontariobowhunter]PUNTA CANA DREAMS PALM BEACH 5 DLXTROPIVW AI FEB-09-2009 7 $1945.00 + 309.00 txs

Amazing how prices jump from month to month…

We paid $2019.00 + 309.00 for 14 days starting January 9th, now they want almost that much for 7 days for February 9th.

Shows how volatile the travel industry is at this time of year[/quote]

I’m seing no more than $1500 for this resort leaving from toronto. Taxes incl.

2 weeks leaving Mar 4 is $1800 incl. taxes.

guess it just goes to show how volatile prices are…

out here on the east coast…prices are always high and pretty much stay the same…

Ditto monctonguy… Not often are there “last minute deals” out here.
We’re flying out of Halifax because it is cheaper, but the same package we booked, leaving two weeks later than when we are going, is now $2600 more than when we booked (for our family of four).
I can’t compare the exact dates, since the flight seems to be sold out.

It appears Mar 4 is gone. Nearest I could find was Mar 5. Two weeks.
Adults(2): 2 x $1998.00
Taxes: $630.00
Total Price: $4626.00

Just a suggestion as I’m sure someone is reading over this who wants to plan a 2 week at a resonable price.

Catalonia Bavaro Resort
May 28 - $1384 taxes incl. for 2 weeks.

This is a good time as the weather will be superb for this time year.

we booked the ICD for Feb 19/09. Wanted to go on the Sat Feb 21/09, but saved $300 per person by going on the Thursday. I know Sat is the prime day but I will get exact same experience and with 4 couples we couldn’t ignore the savings. But what other type of business would get away with this?

Hotels here at home are the same, higher priced on Friday and Saturday nights while the hotels near the aiport are more expensive Sunday to Thursday as they get the business travelers who will pay the extra. Same room differant night means big bucks!!!

mrajmrajw: Enjoy your trip! We stayed there last year and had a blast. Beautiful resort and the Star team is great at night. The waiters are great as well. Look up Carlos in the beach buffet. He is just sweet. Always waiting with a hug and help with your Spanish. He will do anything for you, Juan in the beach bar is great as well. I know you will have a great time. Enjoy and have a Juan special for me.

thanks stillacaper! was there a few years ago look forward to the return visit! how edenH is a great time as well!!