Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Want to See the Real Dominican

Really getting anxious to hit the beach!!!

So I will be traveling with my wife and 1 other couple ranging in age from 29 to 39. My wife and I have taken part in excursions in Puerto Plata and in Varedero. The couple we are traveling with was with us in Varedero and went on excursions with us. Although we had a great time on all of the excursions we decided that this time we had something else in mind. On all of the excursions there was interesting things and places we drove right past. We would like to spend the money that we would spend on the excursions checking out the real Dominican. I will be staying at the Majestic Colonial and would like to not travel a great distance. Any must see local bars, restaurants, Architecture, Art, anything that you feel must be experienced while in Punta Cana. I would prefer not to be in a vehicle all day but don’t mind taking one of Mikes Cabs out for a couple of hours if it is all worth it. Sorry for the long post.

Steve’s Corner bar and Posada di Piedro are a must for you to visit, contact mikefisher of these forums and he will direct you,

Great I will have to try and check them out!!

If you want the real DR, why not grab a cab and get him to take you to Higuey to stroll around a bit. Then, get him to take you to a car wash, and a couple of other local bars.

Tom

OH YESS Forgot about the Car Wash…LOL

What’s the deal with the car wash? I have to know :-/

I’ve never had the chance to go, but I understand they turn into quite entertaining bars at night.

Tom

True multi-function facilities. Depending on the time and what’s planned you can find mechanics, gomeros, get a car wash, buy a beer, get a servicio Dominicano, listen to live bands, find a puta, etc., etc.

In short a full service location for car and driver - LOL.

Gregg

[quote=@gregg]
True multi-function facilities. Depending on the time and what’s planned you can find mechanics, gomeros, get a car wash, buy a beer, get a servicio Dominicano, listen to live bands, find a puta, etc., etc.

In short a full service location for car and driver - LOL.

Gregg[/quote]

get a servicio Dominicano? cuál es éste, los detalles por favor